Fitness Tracker

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Tim Burr, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Since I'm not getting any younger and still working, thought about getting a fitness type
    watch to wear for work.

I want one that has the normal features and if it's destroyed, not out a lot of money.

Going to order this one, the ID107Plus for about 30.00 USDs.

some of the features: Real time heart rate monitoring, fitness tracker, GPS,
    sleep monitor, call alert/hang up, weather alert, music control, remote camera,
    SMS notification, sedentary reminder, time display, bluetooth.
    It will sync with my iphone and apple health.

Hope it keeps me informed, without breaking the bank.

[​IMG]

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am with you all the way about having a fitness tracker, @Tim Burr , and I have worn one for several years now. It really helps motivate me to move more and “get my steps in” each day.
    I started out with a Fitbug Orb, which was a small clip-on tracker that use did basic step-tracking. It did track sleep also; but I didn’t wear it at night. After having that for almost a year, and having to change the battery every few months; I decided that I wanted one that I could charge with a usb cord, and I found an older model of the Jawbone UP24 that I could afford.
    That little tracker was great !
    It tracked all of my steps as well as my sleep at night, and I wore that one for over a year.
    Then , early in November, my daughter gave me her Apple Watch when she got one of the new cellular ones. I didn’t think that I would like the Watch; but it turns out that I really like it a lot; so when you get ready to move up to a more sophisticated tracker, this is definitely one that you should check out.
    It looks like the one that you are getting does about everything, and for a really great price, too ! Let us know how you like it once you start wearing it, Tim.

Tim Burr likes this.
  3. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

I am pretty hard on watches and such at work.
    This looks like it will do the job.
    If I like it, might consider taking a step up to a fitbit or such.
    Big thing is keeping a eye on the old 'ticker'...:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My daughter is one of those people who “kills” watches, and always has been. Her dad was the same way. When he came home from work, his watch would have stopped, no matter what kind of watch he bought. I would put the watch on and wear it overnight, and by morning, it was good to go again andhe could wear it to work.
    Something about magnetism, I guess.
    Anyway, Robin was concerned about how she would do with the Apple Watch, too, but she has not had any problems with it, and this is her third one. Not because the first ones were bad, but because she wanted the new upgrades each time.
    Now, they have the cellular version, which works all on its own, and does not have to be close to your iPhone. Since she does not want to carry the phone around when she is going from one part of the office to another part, but she does want to be able to answer phone calls and text messages, this new one is perfect for her.