Fireworks Art

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Before I learned all the what nots on my digital camera I took some interesting Fireworks pictures one Fourth of July. I decided to call them my Fireworks Art.

FWart4.jpg fwart6.jpg fwart7.jpg fwart9.jpg fwart8.jpg

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

The last one looks like an electrified dandelion.

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Beautiful shots! When I got back into the Chemistry of Powders and Explosives, studying firearms ballistics, I found that contriving such beautiful bursts of burning bits of chemicals requires painstaking care in preparation. Quite a lot of time and effort is spent to get back a 2 or 3 second burst of Pyrotechny.

As a kid, the municipal displays featured aerial bombshells which produced only huge, white flashes and enormous explosions. Sitting a quarter-mile away, we could feel the concussion against our bodies! My favorite was the one which fired 5 or 6 smaller explosions followed by one gigantic blast, the flash I guess was big as a house! Today's commercial displays no longer seem to contain those biggies.

Frank

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a book about U.S. Naval Vessels in which a pic showed the projectile caught in flight, shortly after firing, of a 16" gun on a battleship. The image was crisp. Such projectiles could travel 20 miles, devastating the adversary. Sadly, the book is gone today. Who would've thunk anyone would care to see, years later....Frank