Finland Is Giving 2,000 Citizens A Guaranteed Income

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Finland Is Giving 2,000 Citizens A Guaranteed Income
    [​IMG]

2 JANUARY, 2017

Finland has started a radical experiment: It’s giving 2,000 citizens a guaranteed income, with funds that keep flowing whether participants work or not. The program, which kicks off this month, is one of the first efforts to test a “universal basic income.” Participants will receive €560 ($587) a month — money that is guaranteed regardless of income, wealth or

employment status. The idea is that a universal income offers workers greater security, especially as technological advances reduce the need for human labor. It will also allow unemployed people to pick up odd jobs without losing their benefits. FULL REPORT

What are your thoughts about this? Does our World Governments have a plan to make all of us dependent on them for our income? Is this part of the One World Global Agenda?

In my opinion it could very well be another step in that direction. We would all become "puppets" if all of us had to depend on our Governments for our income. And with the Governments controlling our income...they could then move on to telling us how, when, and what we can spend it on...thereby controlling our lives. I don't think this is a good idea but as the article says other places are considering doing this same thing. Here in America so many people already depend on the Government to take care of them some because they can't make ends meet, some because they have lost their jobs and income, and some just plain don't want to work. I'm sure there is "welfare handouts" just about everywhere in this World. Now though I'm wondering if it isn't something those "powers that be" have planned all along...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds OK to me Babs - the bit that's wrong is that you get this regardless of your own wealth !
    That is ridic, but happens here too - even the likes of Victoria Beckham gets benefits :(
    Just plain wrong

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

2000 people get guaranteed income paid for by everyone else. sounds like the democrats have taken over.

Question: when this expands so that everyone gets a guaranteed income, who's going to pay for it?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

In the end it will be the wealthy paying for it....so that they can have full control over all of it!

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Well, we will be paying as well via the goods we buy etc .......................

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, this is true @Patsy Faye.

But what I'm seeing is a much broader plan that has for its ultimate goal the control of all of us by those "powers that be". I see this plan in the "robots" that are being built to take over our jobs and even in the computers that are taking over many of our jobs too.

Here in America the Social Security System was set up as a "savings account" for when people retired. We put in so much of our paycheck and interest build up so we could have a nest egg for our retirement years. We also contributed to Medicare so our healthcare would be taken care of too during those years. But our own Government took all our interest earned monies and spent that on whatever they felt like spending it on...and replaced this earned interest with "worthless" IOU's and bonds that aren't worth the paper they are printed on. So now, the Government says there is no money for cost of living raises, and that they will run out of Social Security money soon too. If this happens many on SS will have to apply for welfare...and I think that is exactly what our Government wants to happen.

Patsy Faye and Sheldon Scott like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, enough of bashing our government, but do understand your feelings though. Social Security was never meant to be a "retirement" fund, like a 401k is today. All of us had the opportunity to save money/contribute to a 401k during our working years. A lot of folks did, but due to different reasons, had to use some (or all of it) "savings" for one thing or another. Then, there are those, like myself, that didn't make a good enough salary to contribute towards a 401k Retirement. I had SS taken out, but switched jobs too much to have very much SS in my account when it came to applying/getting my SS each month. My wife was a much better saver than I ever was, but then again, she made a much higher salary than I ever did.

As for COLA each year for SS, I definitely don't get excited about getting any. It would be nice to get an increase, but.........
    As for SS going away, seriously doubt that will ever happen. Seriously.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Telling the truth about what your Government has been doing is not bashing them @Cody Fousnaugh. :) Our Government is corrupt and has been working against "we the people" not for us. Although I pray that will change with the Election of Trump as our President...I won't be holding my breath for this to happen.

For many who were unable to "save" for retirement any other way....Social Security was their savings and the Government had no right "messing" with that.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To me, the function of the control group is to indoctrinate the populous in the fine art of "cooking the books" without the good onlookers knowing how the books are cooked.

One such now infamous grouping would be the Bernie Sanders Denmark debacle. How can everyone get free medical, a free college education and a bunch of other free stuff without any stress to the overall population. On one hand, it looks great but when all else is revealed it's not such a good plan after all.
    Note the link if you would:

https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/posts/10154913474683588

Again, to me, the Finland experiement, if accepted, will be that no matter what job you have (or don't) all moneys will go into a social banking system and then redistributed in equal amounts to each citizen. If you're a dishwasher or a pyroengineer the paychecks will be the same and the only exceptions will be those in very, very high political positions. Uh......it's called......communism folks. It works with one caveat: There is no longer the ambition to become greater and better than you already are.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't follow government things much, so the word "corrupt" isn't part of our language.

What we do know is that many folks do indeed want more money for whatever. I know we sure could use more!

One thing for sure, those that have a nice Retirement (SS and Pension) fund coming in each month, don't care much about COLA raises. For those that don't have that nice Retirement coming in, and are on a very limited income, get upset when there is no COLA raise for the year. That's understandable, but, like the old saying goes, "the poorer get poorer while the rich get richer". This is something that's been going on for years and will never stop.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Babs Hunt - what strikes me is the 'many' similarities of the US and us
    Never knew this until I joined the forum and lately have seen a couple of programmes where I
    noticed the same problems !

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think it is in the "Plan" for us "peons" to become more ambitious and climb up the ladder of success to wealth and privilege. The "powers that be" already have to many jockeying for that position. It's like those powers are playing King of the Mountain and they don't want any of us joining them at the top. That's why they are creating robots to do our jobs, and dumbing down our kids and grandkids in Public Education. They plan to make us slaves and puppets with them having full control of our lives. And that "Plan" is not just for us in America either.

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Fish will grow in direct relation to the amount of space that they are given. If you put a gold fish into a small bowl of water, it will always stay small but seemingly happy.
    The same with humans in that once we adapt / adopt into a situation that allows for zero personal growth, all is well. Look at N. Korea for a good reference. The population knows nothing but what they are told and are happy living that way for they know nothing but the small pond they live in.

Sheldon Scott and Holly Saunders like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For the people who would control us, the United States became a failure when it began educating everyone in areas not required for survival. It is not in their interest for the rest of us to understand anything about government, history, or human rights. I really mean it when I said that everything fits into their agenda. Everything that seems wrong or doesn't make sense otherwise is probably an implementation of the agenda. They want to occupy us with work, entertainment, drugs, or anything that will not allow us the luxury to educate ourselves and seek to better ourselves.

Babs Hunt likes this.