Finding The Right Church

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

The last times I've been in a Catholic Church were when my two grandsons in CA. were getting their first Holy Communion and being confirmed....so...a few years ago....and that church is on the boring side. Ive been there a few times at Easter also.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember one time, while living in Colorado, we decided to take our boat out on local lake on Sunday morning to do some trout fishing, instead of going to church. The next Sunday, some folks we had met while attending this church, asked us "where were you guys last Sunday?". I replied, "we decided to take our boat out and do some trout fishing". One lady looked at us and said "you know you aren't suppose to do that on Sunday morning. You are suppose to be here in church." We said "sorry" and walked away. For the rest of the time we attended that church, those folks never talked to us.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I understand what you are saying @Cody Fousnaugh I don't like it when people do that at Church either...I tend to think they are being legalistic and that turns me off. There is a difference when you know the other people really well and they might just be concerned that you were sick or something.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There's a delicate balance between being intrusive and giving the impression that someone wasn't even missed, and a lot of people don't do that well.

Yvonne Smith likes this.