Finally Over My Bronchitis

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Chrissy Cross, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

and this was the sickest I've been in years, maybe even decades because I was invincible or so I thought.

I wasn't afraid of any germs or people being sick around me because I never caught anything. I only washed my hands if they were dirty. :)

Today I was in Trader Joe's and a child started coughing just like my Bronchitis cough....I actually panicked because the thought of getting this again scares me...I lost 5lbs which I really don't have to lose, that's why I quit the coconut oil, it took away my appetite.

Think I'll keep hand sanitizer in my purse from now on but what do you do if someone coughed near you in a store? Maybe I'm overreacting....I lived 65 years without worrying and now I even used a wipe on the shopping cart handle at Safeway the other day.

My DIL and her mother are germaphobes and I sure don't want to be like them, lol. My DIL isn't as bad as her mother...she can drive you nuts!

Frank Sanoica and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Have to admit, I am careful, I'd like a spray that Niles used in Fraser :p so that I can spray the lift before I enter :D
    I'm gonna check that out !
    I carry a small sanitizer, 'cos sometimes the trollies feel yucky !
    As soon as someone coughs or sneezes near me, I don't walk their path :rolleyes:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL ! - I've ordered me 'Niles spray' :p

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Before I could walk through a mist of a sneeze or cough and not think anything of it, lol.

Or eat a bite off of a sick grandsons plate and not worry.

I know though when I got sick this time that it was going to happen...I still see the scene in my mind.

My daughter was sick. I had my small chevy Cruze parked behind her Lexus SUV because we weren't going out anymore. This was Wednesday afternoon.

We went out and since I was blocking her, we took my car cause I was too lazy to move it...she drove.

We got back to her house, she pulled in the driveway and started coughing and sneezing. My car was covered in germs. It was a hot afternoon. I yelled at her, she said wipe down the car and I said forget it.

Next morning early I got in the car and drove home....by Saturday I started coughing....

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Every time we go to Walmart, my wife wipes down the cart handle. Don't bother me. We carry liquid sanitizer in our vehicle and use it. Whenever we are in Walmart or any other store, and someone sneezes and/or coughs, we automatically go to another isle. One of the reasons we stopped going to church is because so many people go sick. We try really hard to stay away from folks who are sick or even act like they are sick and it's just allergies. Unfortunately, can't do anything about it when a co-worker shows up at work coughing and/or sneezing.

We get the Senior Double Dose Flu Shot each and every year. May not stop us from getting a cold or the flu, but at least we know it's a preventive measure.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've been extremely lucky with my lackadaisical attitude but this Bronchitis knocked me for a loop. I have a drs appt at the end of April and I will be talking flu shots!

Being sick is no fun but being sick and alone is worse!

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

8. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

Good to know you are feeling better Chrissy. I seldom get sick myself but I do think as we age so does our immunity system.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I'm all better and feeling good....thanks for asking.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Lakely Forest

Lakely Forest Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm glad to hear you are feeling A-ok Chrissy.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks, Lakely...appreciate it!

12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Chrissy, you NEED those flu vaccinations, each season! Being invincible fits when we are young and have highly active immune systems. All your descriptive terms are valuable....avoid crowds, sanitize hands, sanitize surroundings.

As my wife's Mom always tells her, "You guys aren't spring chickens anymore!".

She's 91! Frank

13. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross, I thought I’d be polite, and let you know that I was hijacking your thread. I looked for one about just flu shots, but I couldn’t find one, plus I really don’t feel like looking anymore.

I went to my new pcp doctor last Tuesday, and the new physician’s assistant said I was due for blood work, (nine tubes), and boosters. I wasn’t feeling my best, but I just figure my tummy problems were aggravating me.

Two days later I felt even worse, so I called the new doctor’s offices again. So, they tell me I might have a SLIGHT case of the flu. That’s when I asked what the two boosters was for. You guessed it, it was for the flu and the pneumonia shot.

Now why would doctors give a person with a compromise immune system that stuff?

I feel like someone dug me up after Halloween, and maybe they should’ve waited another week. Maybe by then my bones wouldn’t hurt so bad.

That’s my rant for the day. :(

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hope you feel better, it really sucks when you're sick like that...I remember.

I'm really sleepy today, just woke up from a nap which is unusual for me. I feel like I could sleep all day, I'm hoping I didn't catch something at the medical places Ive been lately. :(

Have a drs appt Friday ... maybe I won't get the flu shot.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  15. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m glad your feeling better @Chrissy Cross. Just beware of new doctors, I don’t think they know as much as they want us to think they do. :confused:

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.