Filmrise Free Movies And Tv

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Since I only have local channels on the cable now, I have looked around a bit on my Roku, which had been sitting unused for a few months. I tried one program to watch a movie, but the commercials were super annoying, going up a tremendous amount in volume, and it seemed they were every few minutes. I could have paid $.99 for the movie and skipped the ads, but since it was my first time, I wasn't aware ahead of time how annoying they would be.

Then I found FilmRise, which has some interesting movies, and is also free. It has commercials, but they're not nearly as annoying as the other program I'd tried, and I actually watched two movies on there yesterday, and enjoyed it. The movies fit what I like, they were independent films that were a bit of a combination of thriller/mystery, with a hint of horror, but not the bloody type. It's one of the options on the Home screen of the Roku, in case anyone is interested, but hasn't come across it yet. They have a website also, and here's a link to it, in case anyone would like more information.

2. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you. I have often thought about only doing local channels and Roku. Howeve.r, i thought one had to pay per program on Roku. I will try to remembet the name Filmrise.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

FilmRise is good. I have that one. The ones I make the most use of though, are Netflix and Hulu, although I pay for the ad-free version of Hulu. When I first got my Roku, I already had Amazon Prime, and was able to find quite a lot to watch there but that's been a few years and Amazon.com is very slow to add new stuff, particularly to the Prime free area. Some of the free 60s era channels have old television shows complete with the advertising that ran with the show originally, so that I enjoy the commercials more than the shows, ordinarily.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I would probably enjoy watching those old commercials, as well @Ken Anderson. You're welcome @Texas Beth. I know you're on a tight budget like I am, so if I come across others, I'll post them, as well.

I had a 75% off coupon via Google Play, and used that, in conjunction with the money I've earned via the Google Opinion Rewards app, to watch a movie last night. It ended up costing me around $1.30, which was nice.

I have Netflix active right now @Ken Anderson, but I have Hulu on pause, because even though it's cheap at around $8/month, I just can't swing it right now. Hopefully after I pay off a few medical bills, I can re-activate it, but until then, I'll be exploring free programming. I'm happy that I was able to find a few of my shows for free on YouTube.