Film Within A Film

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kalvin Mitnic, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

I was watching the film Churchill's Secret on a near death experience and quasi recovery.

(Churchill's Secret is an Anglo-American drama television film first broadcast on ITV1 on 28 February 2016. The screenplay was written by Stewart Harcourt based on the book The Churchill Secret: KBO by Jonathan Smith. Wikipedia).

When they had a film brought in for him to watch in his (hoped for) recovery. The film is one I have in my collected favorites,, Genevieve. It was rather amusing to be watching a film also showing another that I so liked.

Just a thought en passant...or in passing if you prefer. Ever had anything like that happen, or déjà vu perhaps?
    "Genevieve
    1953 ‧ Comedy/Auto racing ‧ 1h 50m

7.3/10 · IMDb
    In this upbeat British comedy, two friends enter an antique car rally. Alan McKim (John Gregson) drives his beloved 1904 automobile, named Genevieve, while Ambrose Claverhouse (Kenneth More) takes his vintage Spyker car. Alan and Ambrose bring their wives (Dinah Sheridan, Kay Kendall)
    Initial release: February 15, 1954 (USA)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

How do you rate the film Churchill's Secret - any good ?
    I had the chance to watch it, decided against it, I wish now I'd tried it
    I thought it may be depressing but I could have switched off if it were so :rolleyes: