Fighting In The Black Friday Sales Alabama

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Holly Saunders, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Not the case in parts of this country unfortunately...

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

My ex husband was never in a fight in his life..even in school... he wasn't a wimp he just got on with everyone. During his stint in the Royal Navy their aircraft carrier shore -based in Jacksonville for a few days (this was in the late 70's...) they'd been so many other places in the world and never had any trouble...

The first night on shore they were in a bar and they were attacked by a bunch of local men.. for no other reason than they were there.. It was the first time my ex husband was in a fight, and the first time he realised he was a Good fighter..the locals came off worst...I'm sure they were sorry they picked on that British crew that night!!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Ted Richards

Ted Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, we also went out yesterday and did most of our Christmas shopping. The stores were crowded but everyone was polite and well mannered. Several people held the door open for me as did I for others, people carefully sidled by others in the crowded aisles, no pushing or shoving.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

We were out Thursday night for a bit and it wasn't bad at all, everyone was polite and helpful.

Yesterday we went to San Jose and the high end mall and although crowded in some stores, lines moved quickly and everyone was friendly and helpful.

My only complaint...it's been too hot.

Ive never seen any of the scenes that are shown on TV even years ago when there wasn't so much online shopping available.

I just bought a new coffee maker, some Christmas decorations because I'm going to decorate a little and mine are all most in the attic where I'm not going.

Bought some stuff at Bath and Body works also...sales were good.

The main benefit was that I had about 8000 steps Thursday night and yesterday almost 12,000!!

Had lunch at Nordstrom Bistro with my daughter yesterday.

Today we're going out to dinner for grandsons birthday.

Tomorrow we drive oldest grandson back to college and will have dinner there and drive back home.

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

What's wrong with the attic? Sooner or later you'll have to. Right?

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Nope, I'll never go up there...I had rats last summer.

Whatever is up there is garbage now anyway.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Christmas shopping was very simple this year. The older granddaughters all want money...and even though I have said in the past that I did not want to give money as a Christmas gift...times are changing and if this is the gift they really want then this is the gift they will have. :) Now that two of them have their own cars to go shoping...they will enjoy shopping with the money gift many of us are giving them this year. And they can deal with the lines and crowds. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I give gift cards to the older boys and send a gift from Amazon prime for the 3 younger ones.

The oldest one wants an Uber gift card since he doesn't have his car at college and his brother wants an iTunes card...easy.

That's all I buy for...

Just bought a PlayStation gift card for the 14 yr olds bday which is dec 1.

I spend between $50-75 per grandson....

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey @Chrissy Cross, sounds like you’ve been doing the gift card thing for a bit now.

I have a couple of questions.

Question one: How do you find out about the different gift cards. I have three great grandchildren that are seven and younger that all want Leg-Os, and I thought it best to allow them to choose which set they most wanted.

Question two: For sometime now, my vision has been blurry, so I’ve been enlarging my font size. Is there a way to set this size, (6), permanently on SOC? I’m not sure if you remember, but I too have an iPad.

Got any information that might help me? Remember, I’m a tech zombie. :(

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

For legos...you can get an Amazon gift card or a target gift card...those are two that I sometimes get them.

The best selection would be on Amazon. I only give the target gift cards when it's $25 each for Halloween or Easter. That gets them a smaller set.

As for fonts...don't know, I keep mine as they are. With glasses I see fine even though I supposedly have cataracts.

But check it out in Settings on your iPad ...then General...the accessibility. That's where all the font sizes and things are.

I have the iPad Air 2 ...yours might be different.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Whenever you decide to sell the house, someone will have to go up there.
    If it weren’t for me, my wife would still be paying a monthly fee for her storage unit she had when we met. She’d had the unit since selling the house her and her ex-husband had. Basically, for her, it was just easier paying the monthly fee than going thru the stuff. It was a 10 x 10 and packed with stuff. It took both of us to finally get the sliding door up!
    She has thanked me a number of times for getting her to go thru the stuff.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It won't be me going up there ...Ive never been up there. Access is in the laundry room, you have to put a ladder and then climb through the cut out..no thanks.

My heating/cooling system is up there and some Christmas decorations...that's it.

If my ex didn't put the Christmas stuff up there, it would be empty.

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I bought a lot of this and that, my car is full:)

Nothing special, just stuff I needed.

New winter sheet set, flashlights, light bulbs for chandelier type light fixture...too many Christmas decorations.

Nice knit throw blanket and who knows what else...I forgot already.

I didn't need anything but my sweet daughter gave me $500 for shopping fun and if I don't spend it, I have to give it back.

I still haven't spent it all but maybe tomorrow.

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I have found that people of all colors are more polite here at Christmas than at other times of year. I have seen many acts of kindness between total strangers. Peace on Earth, good will toward all.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not so here.......unfortunately.