Fifty Or Older / Fifty Plus / 50+

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I like knowing that someone is keeping an eye on things. It sounds as if the person running the other Seniors forum didn't really care about the subject matter, just wanted the traffic to boost the site on Google. Obviously site owners want their forums to be successful, but allowing those types of things can ultimately cause them to fail. I like knowing everyone here lies North of a certain line, it makes it more comfortable to discuss certain subjects.

2. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Well-Known Member
    Registered

My name is Will Lawrence and I'm an internet troll. I am 32 years old. unemployed, and living in my mother's basement. I weigh just over 350 lbs and only change underwear when the orange stains from the Cheetos I live on become more than my 12 cats can stand. I post on a "Senior's" forum because it seems difficult for me to find friends elsewhere. I feel right at home, here.:D:D:D

Actually, I have enjoyed the short time I've been on the discussion board. Lots of excellent discussion, tips, hints, music from "my era", etc. I'm probably not as politically 'right' as some here, but everyone's political leanings are their own business. I always learned to not talk politics or religion at the dinner table... and have tried to hold true to that here. (I have strayed from the political side of that a couple of times!) At almost 70 years old, it is really therapeutic to read the positive discussions from so many at a similar stage of life.

Ken... keep up the good work!!!!

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome to the Seniors Only Club. You'll fit right in. I have one question, though -- only twelve cats? What's the matter, you hate cats?

4. Janice Martin

Janice Martin Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good grief, until I read that.. and then had to use a calculator to figure it out... it didn't even occur to me that people born in the very last years of the 'Boom' are over 50 now!!!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Harry Kemp

Harry Kemp Member
    Registered

I am amazed, you mean there are some people who might pretend to be over 50 to post here? I can understand the reverse, a man or woman trying to appear younger. Although I can understand someone very young claiming to be older ... when I was young older people seemed to have more fun!

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Please, feel free to invite anyone fifty or older to join us here in the Seniors Only Club forum, including those who are not currently active in a forum. Let them know about the first and last name requirement because people tend to miss that when they are registering.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.