Female Bladder Urinary Topics. Types And Treatments

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Janine Coral, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

37 pages you say! Ok, well gradually I will look in on your thread, actually I have already looked at a small part of it just yesterday think it was.
    Sounds like it will be insightful to read, after all, learning and being educated on some of these matters can be ultimately helpful I think...

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeh, that's why I got uncomfortably specific. The profession of urology is severely lacking, and there's darn little 1st Person data out there. Maybe a Google search will lead people to this thread you started and it will either give them answers or guide them to a solution.

Don Alaska and Janine Coral like this.
  3. Janine Coral

Registered

I do intend to read your thread, at least in the next couple days, I like to read, and occasionally participate
    on 'online medical forums', and I have been on a Bladder/ Urinary forum for about 5 years. Those of us with
    either similar, or much different conditions have the opportunity to share, discuss, support and lend and ear
    and heart to others facing some of the same things and stresses about it.

About Urology and what you said John, I tend to agree. It can be hit and miss with some URO's, not everything
    is textbook, and sometimes their own patients puzzle them with questions and their own scenarios about things
    which at times can throw a URO off course. I presently like and appreciate my URO of three years, there were
    just three before her, but that was enough.

I could get very specific about my URO challenges and condition, but for now I will hold off, perhaps in the future
    if I think others here might want to even read it. Sort of a, I'll wait and see thing...

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you have a bladder forum you like and don't mind sharing the link, I'd like to check it out.

Regarding urologists: I am on my 3rd practice and my 7th doctor. Most urologists are not pleased with their career choice. It has been a nightmare, and my bladder will never get fixed.

Don Alaska and Janine Coral like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Janine--we share quite a bit of our medical issues here, so feel free to share whatever you're comfortable with. Sometimes it's nice to get input from others, or just some support when going through a rough time. I blathered on about my cancer till I'm sure everyone was sick of hearing about it. :D:D

I haven't had any urinary issues to speak of; I did worry about my kidneys when going through chemo. My mother died of kidney failure after 5 years of dialysis, so I keep up with my kidney 'numbers.' I'm still surprised by the silent UTI.

6. Janine Coral

Registered

Hi John, happy Saturday...

You have been on a Uro/clinic journey also then, it sure takes time doesn't it...

Ok about the bladder forums, I use both Google online and Facebook bladder forums. What I did those years
    back is find the group/forum for my 'specific' condition, and then joined, they are 'closed' groups open only to
    those within the group. Any members current or new, stay in this group mostly for a very long time, unless they
    reap any type of havoc they are banned, which is a course I like and support in the group and with the admin/mod.

You might want to look around for a bladder group more specific to your issues/conditions and see what you think.
    There are some quality forums and also otherwise, where newcomers or existing members decide they want to
    start trouble for whatever the reasons. They do not last long..

my mind has not have enough coffee, I am not making sense this morning, should have waited to type.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  7. Janine Coral

Registered

Hi Beth, thank you for the welcome and to share medical issues. I have so much support in my groups, that I am coasting good,
    always someone to bounce things off of, and of course I am a member in my own community group at the hospital/Uro meetings
    which is another excellent avenue of support. Thing is, when we are so in the pits some days with our ailments, even support
    does not seem to parallel a miserable day, SO, taking to the bed for a good rest helps for me..

Sorry to hear about your cancer Beth, sounds like this forum was allowing for you to share and vent at that time .May I ask if you have a blog here about that journey, I would be interested in reading it.
    Losing your mom to kidney failure had to be so hard, I am sorry for your loss.

I am pleased to
    know and learn this is a seemingly very good group of members. I am happy to be here :)

Have a lovely day you all~

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I totally get what you're saying, Janine. I belong to a breast cancer forum that is both supportive and terrifying at the same time. I learned so much more from people who have been through treatment than I ever learned from my medical team.

Yes, I blogged about my treatment here... https://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/newly-diagnosed-and-frankly-its-scary.17660/ I'm glad that I took the time to do so; it was so uplifting to get such positive support from my friends here. Plus, someday I can read it in case I forget anything about treatment... most of it is catalogued there.

Janine Coral and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Janine Coral

Registered

Good Evening Beth, I look forward to viewing your blog and the journey you went on and through, getting uplifting positive support from your friends on this forum is a wonderful thing and a blessing also. Eventually, I will start reading it and thank you for sharing. have a nice evening :)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

You'll probably need some "No Doze" or something if you read all that!! :D:D It really isn't very interesting but it helped me immensely at the time.

11. Janine Coral

Registered

No Doze lol, I am behind my reading on this forum, I will always catch up but this week is down the drain I think. Just
    so busy with stuff and life. *I still hope to read your blog Beth ;)

Marie Mallery and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Janine, I use OTC and drink lots of water.
    Before when I was younger I's drink a quart of beer and after first urination it was gone.
    I also think ther vinegar in water is good too.

Janine Coral and John Brunner like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

What did the doctor prescribe for it?

Janine Coral likes this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't had such issues since I went on a heavier vitamin therapy. I drink lots of water. Back in the day, I drank my homemade cutleaf blackberry wine daily, and it took care of any urinary tact maladies. Water melon juice or wine can be effective also. I might suggest no watermelon juice before bedtime however. ;)

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Nice seeing you back Faye.

Faye Fox likes this.