Feinstein's Next Move

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It shouldn't matter who believes who because a person should be considered innocent until proven guilty and, so far, there has been zero evidence, nor is there likely to be, given that she waited until he was on the verge of becoming a member of the Supreme Court to say anything about it, if it happened.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes ..and even tho' this isn't a court case, in some ways it's worse.. someone is being accused of something where there can be no proof of guilt nor proof of innocence...only what a majority believes...and unlike anything we've ever witnessed outside of the USA this is being broadcast around the world on ''live'' media.. not dealt with in house where it should have been given that it's NOT a court of Law and they have no evidence...ultimately despite the end result... both those people for different reasons will never live the same lives again away from the media spotlight

Bobby Cole and Beatrice Taylor like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...augh-delivers-fiery-opening-statement/571570/

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/26/christine-blasey-ford-opening-statement-senate-845080

@Holly Saunders You asked which person we believe and honestly I don't know who is telling the truth and who is not.

When one of my daughters was in 6th grade an older boy who had failed 6th grade at least 3 times exposed his penis to my daughter and her friend and told them he was going to "do it to them"...right there in the classroom. My daughter and her friend were horrified and when my daughter told her teacher what happened the teacher made light of it and basically told my child and her friend to forget it ever happened. But my daughter could not forget and she reported it to the Principal...who then said he would handle it. When she got home from school and told me what happened I called the school the next morning and asked to speak to the Principle so I could find out how they were going to handle this. And the Principle told me that he couldn't tell me what was going to happen because this didn't involve me. I told him it certainly did involve me since it was my daughter that boy had exposed himself to and threatened to "rape"! My daughter was physically and emotionally sick from what happened and told me she could not go back to school until she knew that boy wasn't going to be there anymore. Both she and her friend told me that this same boy would push girls into locker corners and rub up against them and threaten to do them too.

My daughter's dad had a meeting with the Principle the next day and when he came home from the meeting the Principle had basically told him that "boys would be boys" and that was that! And he refused to tell my husband also if anything was going to happen to that boy. At this point I am going to have to say that the boy, the teacher, and the Principal were of a different color than my daughter...her friend was also of a different color. When I talked to my daughter's friend's Mom and told her that I was really upset that they would not tell me what was going to happen to that boy...the friend's Mom told me they had told her that there would be a hearing before the school board. There was not only the problem that happened but also discrimination because we were not the same color of most of those involved in this problem. I immediately called and made an appointment with the Principal for the next day. When I saw him he tried to hand me the same crap he handed my husband that "boys will be boys" and I basically told him he could take that and shove it! I let him know that my daughter would not be back to that school until the boy was gone from there or they moved my daughter to another school...and that they better not try to give her unexcused absences either. I read that Principle the riot act and then some and reamed him out for keeping me in the dark while he told my daughter's friend's Mom what was going to happen to that boy.

In the end my daughter was moved to another school (a much better one and closer to home too) and the boy was kicked out of school. Yet with all that my daughter to this day can tell you clearly how what happened has affected her life.

So who is telling the truth...the Judge or Ms. Ford? I think maybe there may be truth coming from both of them...and some untruths too. Even if this did happen I am wise enough now to know that in most cases we out grow the foolishness of youth (but not always the consequences of that foolishness). All I can say honestly here is that if that boy who messed with my daughter grew up into a man in Public Office I would have doubts about his innocence if sexual allegations were brought against him. And yet I like to think the best of people...and not the worst. I believe something did happen to Ms. Ford when she was 15. And I don't believe the Judge is quite as perfect as he wants us to believe. My problem with Ms. Ford is that she waited 36 years to come out about this...but then maybe she didn't have a "Moma bear" to come to her defense back then. :)

4. Ken Anderson

Is Ford actually a psychologist, as she has testified under oath?

Source: Dangerous Magazine

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

To get back to your question @Holly Saunders, I have come away from watching and listening to these hearings with the opinion that both parties think they are right and correct in their answers to questions presented to them. I think smething happened to to her and he is sure it wasn't him. I find some satisfaction in that an investigation is going to take place and if the investigation finds any answers the verdict will resdt on those findings. That's about all that can be done. The committee is making an effort to be fair, which is more than i expected. I applaud the process and both parties.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

What does anyone think is going to be investigated? She has offered several versions of her story, admitting that she had filled in the gaps in her story after meeting with her lawyers. Nevertheless, she doesn't know when it happened, not even what year it occurred, or where the so-called crime was committed. First she said there were no witnesses, and that only three people were in the home besides her, then she added a couple of other people, all of whom deny any knowledge of it. If they were investigating her, they would find that pretty much everything she has said has contradicted every other thing that she has said. Given that they are supposed to be investigating Kavanaugh, is he supposed to be able to prove his innocence? First of all, that turns our judicial system on its head and, secondly, it's impossible to prove innocence in a forty year-old allegation that includes no details. Although he has kept a journal of what he did, no date for the crime has been given. Because there is nothing for them to investigate, the Democrats will insist on yet another delay, which is what it's all about.

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

8. Ken Anderson

Unfortunately, the only intended point of the new FBI investigation is to delay the vote while the Democrats can come up with another finger-pointing bimbo or some other made-up scandal, anything to delay the vote until after the midterms.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As my link points out, the Senator from Hawaii intends to keep the seat on the court open until they can get Trump out of office, then they can put in their puppet to continue the downward slide of the U.S.

Holly Saunders and Ken Anderson like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

I haven't looked, but I hear she's reached a million now. She may be a liar but she's well paid for her lies. Fake psychologists don't come cheap, I guess.

11. Ken Anderson

This is what we're dealing with for witnesses. Every statement the first accuser made contradicts her earlier statements but we're supposed to accept her final testimony as being credible. Her next accuser didn't want to come forward because she didn't remember the incident until after she spent a week with a Democrat attorney, who helped her assess her memories, yet her Democrat-supplied memories are supposed to be accepted as truth.

Source: Denver Channel 7

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Kavanaugh has a GoFundMe page too. Someone thought it wasn't right that he and his family are getting the shaft so the guy started a GoFundMe for the Judge. :)

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

Especially if you go back to their college days. Hell, just go back to their high school days....bet not many made it through without getting groped at least once. She grabbed my jewels....I'm scarred for life! He bounced my boobie....I'm scarred for life!

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

oh dear , a so called class mate of BK's, has come out of the woodwork to denounce him as a drunk ...

On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer,' he said.

'When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive.

'On one of the last occasions I purposely socialized with Brett, I witnessed him respond to a semi-hostile remark, not by defusing the situation, but by throwing his beer in the man's face and starting a fight that ended with one of our mutual friends in jail.'

Ludington said he plans to speak to the FBI because he believes Kavanaugh downplayed the 'degree and frequency' of his drinking during the Senate hearing.

'I can unequivocally say that in denying the possibility that he ever blacked out from drinking, and in downplaying the degree and frequency of his drinking, Brett has not told the truth,' he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6225505/Yale-friend-says-Kavanaugh-heavy-drinker.html

Bobby Cole likes this.