Fans Of Movie Stars

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Corie Henson, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Has anyone here been an avid fan of movie stars? Well, I am not because I am conservative when it comes to adoring people.

When I joined a movie shooting in the rural area, I know two of the actors (male and female) there. That was their first movie so that means they are not really actors yet. Sometime in the afternoon, I was surprised to see teenagers milling around those 2 actors I know who were signing autographs and having the picture taken with the instant fans. What? Yes, those are the kind of people that fall for who they think are popular.

2. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm a fan of very few celebrities. When someone has displayed an insane amount of talent, and versatility I'm a fan. If someone has convinced me that they are as awesome as Morgan freeman obviously is, I'm a fan then, too.

3. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I was fan of Jackie Chan before for years, loving each and every kung fu movie he filmed then. For long time I was willing to travel to Hong Kong some day to meet him personally, have his autograph and some pics.

As time went by and China recovered its sovereignty over Hong Kong near the end of the 20th century, Jackie moved out, establishing himself in the United States, but then I was near to turn 40 years old, and now being closer than ever, I was not longer enthusiast for whatever liked to me in the past, including music, movies and movie stars.

I don't think age was a determining factor for it, but personal problems I had throughout the 1990s decade that left on me kind of emptiness I'm not yet fully recovered.

4. Jennifer Graves

Registered

Things that happen in someone's personal life can definitely change their mind on a lot of issues. There was a time that I would have given anything to see a few different several celebrities. But now I wouldn't even really get excited if they walked through my front door. Unless they didn't knock. Then I would have to make a mad dash to get to them before my dogs did.

5. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I have been a fan of a few actors and singers. I have been in awe of their talent over all. I don't think I would go to an extreme though such as wanting to hang around them or follow them around. I realize that some individuals take being a fan to extremes but for me I tend to admire the individuals talents. But then I remind myself that they are human beings just like myself, they are just those who have talent that they chose to share with the world.

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Jennifer Graves

Registered

The people who I tend to be fans of are people like Stephen Hawking, Carl Sagan, and such. Those are the people I would really enjoy being around!

7. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have always looked upon movie stars as people doing their job nothing special. I do like some singers better than others but they are still people. I don't understand people that worship movie stars and rappers and sports people, treating them like they were some type of god.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't usually remember actors' names when I see them in movies, and I often forget the titles. I am apt to recognize that I have seen someone in other shows, sometimes even years later, but the names are lost to me.

9. Jennifer Graves

Registered

we have very little in common, there. I have seen a lot of movies. If I wanted to flatter myself I may call myself a movie buff. If I'm trying to think of someone's name and/or other movie they were in, I'll go out of my mind until I have an answer. I'm a real mess when I don't have the internet and IMDB

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know that I could call myself a fan of any movie star or singer; but there have been ones that I really enjoyed watching in movies, or enjoyed listening to their songs.
    When I was a girl, I loved going to th Saturday Matinee at the theater every week. While I enjoyed most of the western cowboy movie stars, Audie Murphy was always my most favorite actor, and Jeff Chandler was a close second, or maybe Charleton Heston. Can't leave out Jimmy Stewart.
    See ? It is just hard to pick one and say that I was a fan of that particular actor.
    As far as the actors we have now, I think my favorite would be Kevin Costner; but I also like Morgan Freeman, Sean Connery, and several others whose names elude me.

11. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes I wonder what is the difference between a fan and a stalker :rolleyes:. Thinking of people who would cry or worse over celebrities like the late Elvis Presley, the Beatles, Michael Jackson.

There are several celebrities that I follow to see how versatile they are. There are some that should never do comedy, or a love scene, or even portrayal of another person but I follow them to see if they have polished their techniques.