Fans And A Losing Team

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Tim Burr, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

My Nebraska Huskers ( college football team ) is now 0-4, which means we have lost
    every game we have played this year.
    This has never happened since the school started football in 1890.

As you can imagine, this is very hard for a normal fan to handle.

This is a team that was a powerhouse in the 90's, winning 5 National Championships
    in 1970, 1971, 1994, 1995 and 1997.

Our state only has one college football team, where most states have two or more.
    Boys growing up in Nebraska who like football, want to play for the Huskers and no one else.

On our stadium, as you enter, is our Motto:

"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."

How do we handle such a losing streak? We still support the team and cheer our hearts out.
    We still are one of the base travling fan bases in all of college football.
    We have been in visiting stadiums where we had more fans than the home team!
    We are the fans that will stand and applaud the visiting team, as they leave the field, after
    they have just defeated us.

The Nebraska Huskers has the longest sell-out streak in all of collge football, with
    365 consective sell-outs of our stadium of 90,000. The streak started in 1962!

I quess we support our team.

Some positive results from being 0 and 4:

- Easier to find Husker stuff on ebay or amazon
    - Other teams we play might underestimate us, overlook us and we might get a win.
    - I can leave my large yard banner out all night in my yard and no one wants to steal it!
    ( won't happen if it was an Alabama banner )

Posting this for the few sports fans we have on the board.

We have all been through tough times as fans, but we continue to support them...!

It's why we call ourselves FANS!

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Our Wyoming Cowboys aren't doing much better. Like them, but...…...

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Our New Orleans Saints used to be so bad that it seemed like they never had a winning season. Yet here in Louisiana fans are loyal whether you win or lose. And that loyalty has paid off and I believe encouraged the Saints to give their all and start doing so much better.

Now our college team LSU gets all of us excited most years. Our teams become like family to us...and we accept the good with the bad and just love them anyway! :)