Famous Person Deaths In Threes... You Believe It?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Mari North, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

This just came up in another thread and I said I'd investigate, so I did. Do you believe in the "death in threes" thing? I've heard it my whole life and although it's weird, I've seen it happen often, so... yeah, weird.

It's not really a matter of "well sure, people die every day" because there are whole months between famous people/celebrity deaths. I've read literature about why we "think" it seems that way, and of course there are always the "I know everything, listen to me" people saying it's silly, but if the evidence is there, it's there. And if there are three with a break of 5 or 6 months between and then three more, it can't really be brushed off to our imagination because the data is there.

It actually has a name... the "Celebrity Death Rule of Threes." I do remember McMahon and Farrah Fawcett a few days apart, and then the very same day was MJ. (Michael Jackson) Then a lot of time went by without another.

Princess Diana and Mother Teresa were just days apart and I know there was a third, but I've lost who it was.

I know that Lucille Ball was in a group of three. I was telling @Hannah Davis in the other thread that I've often been told "there's number one" and "there's two" and sure enough there's very often a third, and then months again before another.

I'm not saying I believe this... my mind usually needs proof of probability/possibly and I see no possible reason for this, but yet I've been watching it for decades. Weird, eh? In fact, my brain is always telling me it's totally ridiculous, but then it happens again. o_O

I decided to put this under "Entertainment" because of the famous person aspect. If it should be in Conspiracies or something, please tell me, @Ken Anderson , and I'll see if I can move it.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"Entertainment" is fine.

3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My answer is no, but thanks for asking.:D

Chrissy Cross likes this.