Family Slowly Dissolves Away

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Frank Sanoica, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Something about today's date nagged all day long in the back of my mind. January 16...........this evening it finally came back to me, incredible as it seems........

My Mother passed away 33 years ago today in Brookfield, Illinois. She was 85.
    Frank

2. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Does it ever! Today would have been my sister's 66th birthday, if she hadn't been run down in the street by an impaired driver who apparently felt that a stop sign was just a suggestion last summer.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Robi
    My gosh, a life snuffed out so needlessly. Regarding the '60s years, my sister died at 65 of heart failure due to cigarettes. I remember my folks often pleading with her......my Mother continuing to do so, after my Dad died,.....to no avail. She quit when it was too late. I hate rethinking this, but it's important.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I never forget the day of my mothers' death..every year I remember it , and she's been dead now for 45 years!!

We have had a lot of deaths in our extended family, from babies ( my nephew and niece) to younger adults... and of course parents, but it's only my mother's date I remember every year!!

Chrissy Cross and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

What a sad thread. How much we all have endured on life's journey. Hugs to all, including myself, for surviving these overwhelming losses. My mother said.............oh, nevermind, she had a saying for everything. My dad's last full sentence to me was "So Quick The Life." Let's all remember that, including myself.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, my wife's baby girl died of crib death at a Daycare and her son, as a teen, died of cancer. Have old photos of both her daughter and her son.
    All of my immediate family have passed away, but my wife still has her two sisters and a brother. Her parents have passed away as well.

Frank Sanoica and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I can’t even imagine the pain of losing 2 children at such young ages. My only wish is that I die before my adult children do.

If I’ve ever said anything unkind about your wife in any posts....I’m very sorry, please apologize to her. @Cody Fousnaugh

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

My baby sister also lost 2 of her children. One at 4 months in a cot death, and the only one she had left , her daughter, at the age of 15 in a road accident.

It's beyond comprehension to most of us the pain of losing your children...

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Very sad!

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

yes CC. it was horribly tragic , both funerals for those 2 children were just heartbreaking. Their father ( my sisters' ex husband) had a breakdown and couldn't attend his own daughter's funeral.. he's never been the same since. I remember looking at my sister soon after the funeral of my niece and thinking how horrendous it was to have been a mother , then after 15 years have no children at all, and my sister by then was only 34 years old ..just indescribable pain

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I totally agree, that as a mother (or a parent), losing a child would be the most horrible thing ever.
    When Robin was about a year old, I started having nightmares that she would die. Each dream was different, but the end result was that each night, I watched her die a horrible death. I remember one where we were in some sort of well or cistern and it kept filling up, and we were both tied/chained to the wall. When I saw her little head go under, and nothing I could do to stop it, I remember putting my face in the water so i would die along with her.
    It was so terrible that I hated even going to bed at night, and eventually, it stopped; but I still seem to worry more about this with Robin than I ever do with the boys.
    I am not sure that I could go to my own child’s funeral either, and feel so sorry for your sister and her ex-husband losing both of their children, @Holly Saunders .

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I cant even imagine it...
    It would be unbearable for me...I don’t think I could go on unless maybe I had another child I had to live for.

My son and DIL are in Vail, Co today until Sunday....a mini trip with another couple ...but they’re going skiing and my son doesn’t ski...my anxiety about this is through the roof.

I can’t wait until Sunday and hear they are home safe and sound. I’m always like that when any of them take a trip anywhere.

My one BIL lost his younger sister when he was 15, I forget how old she was but she got hit by a car and he saw the whole accident...

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

yes that's what happened to my niece, she was hit by a car, as she crossed on a normally very quiet road... !!!

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Very similar to the way my BIL’s sister died....I’ll have to ask my sister about it again because I don’t remember exactly how it happened.

15. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

My daughter would have been 33 this February. I think about her and the others only a million times a day, that's not much.

eta--my grandson has my father's eyes. EXACTLY, in shape & color. Never thought I'd see those eyes again. It's remarkable.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.