Fake News

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

That is that husband and wife with a cat that supposed know it all. The reason they were picked is they are so far left there is no more room. I have seen about four different news items they put out that where BS so I lost all confidence in them.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think people should be using facebook as a news source anyway, it's social media. I never totally believed any of the "shares" that were on my page.

They should just put a big disclaimer on the page somewhere and say "use your own judgement and common sense on all posted articles".

It's not rocket science....the items from your liberal friends will have a liberal slant and the items from your conservative friends will lean right.

Too much is being made of Facebook news and it's importance...it's not a news site.

Bobby Cole and Martin Alonzo like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I had to revive the fake news thread for a more...uh....profound piece of news that happened recently.

So the story goes, Barry Switzer, a famed football coach (Oklahoma St. and Dallas Cowboys among a few teams) and good friend to our newly elected president Trump, pulled a stunt that has even me laughing.

He was Christmas shopping and decided to walk into Trump Tower just to go upstairs and get a Starbucks coffee. When he came back downstairs the different news media reporters gathered around him and asked what he was doing at the building.
    Switzer reported that he had just had a meeting with Trump whereby the meeting consisted of making the wishbone great again and the possibility of taking the now open position as Secretary of Offense.
    True to form and totally oblivious that there is no such position as Secretary of Offense the news media tweets went crazy about Trumps new pick for a cabinet post.

How's that for a "fact checking" and accurate job of reporting the news?

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

OMG, love it @Bobby Cole Loved his line about "Secretary of Offense" oh man, I wanna be on that team, LOL!!

signed PROUD Deplorable, LOL!

Bobby Cole and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I've been watching Fox, just feel they are the most reliable, and they seem to love Trump. I know I have to be careful because there were some things said against Fox as well. And just became a bit familiar with this Dennis Michael Lynch?? Feedback?? He got canned for going off his script, slamming killary, and supporting Trump. I didn't check the date this all happened though, clicked on a FB vid.

6. Denise Evans

Registered

I heard that as well, but I no longer trust ALL snopes says. Read they were run by liberals. Who truly knows.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Snopes has definitely been caught making some errors of their own. :eek:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Politico was also hired which makes two left wing biased "fact" checking agencies that will render the very thought of true news a rarity.

Denise Evans and Martin Alonzo like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

As long as we don't buy it. Trouble is, there are still a lot of people that believe the lies:(

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Beliefs are hard to change and when you are brought up in a corrupted education system your beliefs are pretty well set. This was set in motion years ago to dump down the population and make them weak. Their only strength is in numbers and their best attack is name calling. The education system has failed to teach responsibility and the acceptance of loss. [No person gets left behind] idea even if he cannot keep up we will lower everyone to equal him. They think they are educated but they did not grow up.

Joe Riley and Denise Evans like this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

Pretty sure you are mostly right on this, just my own observation. Things that were taught in prior decades are so missing in school now, as well as home:( Senior Citizens had a lot to do with Trump winning.

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Politifact is one of the fact checkers that they are going to use and even Human Events noted that, in 2011, Politifact had issued 119 Pants on Fire ratings for Republican or conservative claims, and only 13 for liberal or Democratic claims. I don't think it's because conservatives lie more often.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Denise Evans and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Fake news crusade? Facebook fact checkers have financial ties to Clinton donors

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Wired Magazine has published a fascinating article on a Macedonian creator and purveyor of fake news during the 2016 US presidential election, a young man who did very well for himself, and who had no interest whatsoever in the results of the US election. He made a living out of producing fake news and that was a hot topic. He wrote pro-Trump and anti-Clinton articles not to manipulate the US election, but because the Trump groups had way more people than the Clinton groups. Actually, it touches on others who did the same. They were teenagers in a dying town in Macedonia, and fake news allowed them to make way more money than working adults.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The main street media is slowly going under because they can not longer be trusted for real news and even when they do give you news it is so badly slanted or edited or just leaving out any different view to their narrative. Social media is taking their place and the deep state or whatever you want to call them is now trying to control the internet it got away from them. Now with people with telephones with cameras we have thousands of reporter all over the world letting everyone know what is happening. People are waking up to the fact that we have been mislead and it is coming to an end.

Tom Galty likes this.