Fact Checkers

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Finally some one sued Twitter and others about their fact checker and what was brought out was these are just opinions of the fact checkers not facts. This put a whole new light these companies higher fact checkers to censor anyone they do not like and use what the fact checkers say to justify censorship. This has been a crime for censorship. Remember when you use a fact checker you are only getting some ones opinion not fact.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Twitter\google+admits+fact+checker+are+only+opinions++&t=brave&ia=web

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know what legal standing the aggrieved party may have. Those platforms are private property, there is no fee to join, and any agreement that was in place when you signed up for membership (free or otherwise) is always subject to "You agree that The Company may unilaterally revise these terms from time to time. Continued use of The Platform constitutes your conditional acceptance of any such revised Terms." Under the Terms of the relationship, if you don't like their fact-checking, then don't use The Platform. The only people who may have standing are those whose rights as a Protected Class are being violated...in my opinion, of course.

The only possible course of action one might take is to show that the platforms have effectively become arms of the government to the extent they are influenced [controlled] by the government. At that point, their private enterprise veil might be pierced, in which case their censorship becomes illegal.

All of this is the opinion of a non-lawyer.

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

And a pretty good no-lawyer at that.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Ed Wilson likes this.
  5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Ytuns out so-called fact checkers are just making their opinions superior to yours in a lot of cases.......In other cases they are too stupid to recognize a joke.

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Like everything else the Left says, they make it up as they go, including changing the very definition of words like "truth" LOL!! The only truth I attribute to the left in government is "the truth is, they lie".

Ed Wilson and Al Amoling like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I can't remember the specifics but, while Obama was in office, Snopes fact-checked an accusation against him to say that it was false, but the only reason they gave was that Obama denied it.

8. Denise Evans

Registered

Yeah, I quit using SNOPES ages ago, forgot about them til you mentioned them. I never thought I would disrespect a president more than Obummer, but that's what I get for thinking. When that book came out called "Becoming" by Mike, I thought she/he's come out of the closet as a trans, honestly! That's what I thought, :D:p

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I seriously don't doubt that she's a he, and I'm pretty sure that Barack isn't into women... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

It wouldn't surprise me, if they both don't get the publicity they long for, maybe they'll "come out" on "The View" ;)

11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Then there is PBS:
    Frontline
    WVIADT - 44.1 Tue, 2/01, 10:00 PM 1 hr
    "Trump's American Carnage"
    Repeat, 1/26/2021, Investigative, Documentary, Politics, Public Affairs, Social Topic
    From his first days as president to his last, Donald Trump has stoked division, violence and insurrection with help from the media and the leaders of his own party, who for years ignored the warning signs of what was to come.
    Credits: Will Lyman (Narrator)

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Maybe I should check the facts, but I saw this with my own eyes, and at the time, I should have downloaded the dang video. I have a program called 4K Video Downloader and it still works for youtube. I was listening to President Trump and it was early in the pandemic. Fauci, Sidney, Pence were all in view behind President Trump and Fauci lifted his arm and did a big wipe of his nose right on camera. They weren't yet in masks so very early in the virus. I told people I saw it, and I can't remember one, single person saying they saw it too. I know I saw it though, and wish I could find even one, other person that did. I was so disgusted, and of course my thought was, this guy is the head of "anything??"

Oh wait, I KNOW Sidney Powell saw it, I know she did!! He was right next to her and I kept thinking why didn't she move away but she couldn't because someone was on the other side of her, LOL!!

13. Denise Evans

Registered

You're kidding right? No one is a worse loser than the democrap party! Remember ole hillary leaving her devoted supporters to stand there wondering where was she instead of there to console and thank them?? My guess is she went home and drank herself to sleep. People believed they were going to lose their freebies because there were going to be jobs galore. Either that they were so limp-brained they actually though Trump was against America.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I noticed that playing in my region this evening. Gotta crank up The Machine for 2024. I wonder if they'll show The Speaker of the House yelling "Resist!" in regards to a newly duly-elected president. Or maybe we'll see a rerun of her ripping up his State of the Union speech.

I guess they're gonna blame all the big-city ANTIFA violence on Trump, because "the Fed should have gone in there and stopped it"...Constitution be damned (the same crap they used as they set Bush up for Katrina while citizens of Louisiana perished for political gain.)

Tom Galty, Denise Evans and Ed Wilson like this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

If it needs to be fact check from the left you know it must be true and it hurts