Facebook "like"

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I went to the forum FB page and clicked like, and the referral for some of my friends; but when I go to the FB share at the bottom right corner of the forum; it cuts off the part where I have to click to share the page.
    suggestions ?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I don't know. When I click on the one that says "Recommend," it brings up the box for me to recommend it. When I click the Facebook icon on the very bottom right of the page, it takes me to the Facebook page for this site which I have created, but haven't done anything with yet.

[​IMG]

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

maybe I am expecting something that it isn't supposed to do. I thought that when I recommended the page, it would show up on my facebook page that I have recommended it. It does show the little number one in the blue box that says recommend; but that is all that happened, and when I try to click the add a comment button, it only partially shows, and doesn't seem to do anything.

4. Ken Anderson

Yes, the "Recommend" button should, if you click the "Add a Comment" button from the popup, post to your Facebook page. If you're not logged into Facebook, I think it will prompt you to, but I'm not certain.

5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

What does it mean when someone "Tags" me? It goes to their Facebook?

6. Ken Anderson

Tags you on Facebook, do you mean? Or here? When someone tags someone on Facebook, it just alerts you to the post. The same is true here, only it's just here, having nothing to do with Facebook. Using the @-character before a member name here is just a way to alert that member to your post.

7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I meant here. I have received some notifications that I've been tagged and I didn't know what that meant but I see you're telling me that a tag stays here and to tag someone means you put the @ before their name and then they are notified that they've been mentioned in my post. Thank you for your speedy reply.