Facebook And Loneliness

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Terry Page, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

A couple of interesting videos on loneliness, the Facebook I don't have an opinion on, because I don't use it that much, the second one I agree with totally...what are your feelings...

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I may be alone but I'm seldom lonely or even bored. I've always been like this and after being around a lot of people I can't wait to be alone again for awhile.

I'm not suggesting that I'm never bored or lonely but it's rare.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I do get bored easily...lonley...um sometimes...regardless FB for me is not a fix for either. I have better feelings and energy on this forum than FB! :p

Joe Riley and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

True for me also. Facebook is something else entirely for me. I just take a look everyday to see what family has posted. I used to be more active on FB before the election but now I'm at the point where I could easily delete my acct.

Really only keep it open because of some friends in Hungary and Romania that I private message with and they've asked me not to delete.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I hear you....only use now to see great grand kids pictures basically. I deleted all my so call friends...except 2 back in Dec. Then even some family members are in my crap folder...I only look at that one on occasion:p

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I do get lonely at times. When that happens, sometimes I will go to the Rental Office and talk to the ladies for a minute. That "loneliness" is completely cured when my wife is home on the weekends.

I stay on FB because SIL is on there and FB and phone conversations is the only way to know what's going on. And, we sometimes put photos of us (events) on FB for our few friends/relatives to see.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Facebook connects me to my Family that lives far from me with photos and updates from them on what is going on in their lives, except if it's real personal we call each other and talk about those things. So FB actually helps me not be lonely for my distant Family members.

I'm an introvert and don't really feel the need to be around people, etc. much. And when I do want to be around people it is usually just my Family and a friend or two that I want to be with.

I like writing or typing my thoughts and talking about many different things...that's why I like being on the Forum. So even though I didn't watch those videos...I just don't think they pertain to me because I am content even if I am by myself.

I do experience lonliness at times for my mom and others I love who have died.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm like you Babs. Almost. :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

We definitely have many more things in common than we have differences Chrissy. :)

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I agree....only religion that gets us in trouble! I'll never be as religious as you are but lately I've been rethinking my views.

Cody Fousnaugh and Babs Hunt like this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:)