Extreme Animal Abuse And Murder

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

This seems to be happening more frequently here in the United States. Most of the stories don't involve death,but occasionally, they do. There are only a few types of people who perpetrate this type of crime. Most people don't think it's o.k. to have sex with animals. Those who do, do not need to be out walking free on the streets, nor do those who think it's acceptable to torture and/or murder animals. This story, the latest I've seen, took place in Washington State. http://www.kiro7.com/news/fbi-investigating-dog-rape-murder-in-thurston-county/178830564

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That makes me sick!! I don't know what's happening but there are just too many disturbed people walking around.

To do something like that you have to lack any empathy or out of your mind on drugs. Hope they catch who did this and give him a maximum sentence.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

It made me sick, as well, Chrissy. I follow a lot of animal and animal rescue accounts on Facebook and Twitter. I'm sure it will turn someone off, but I think it's important to share the information, because we all need to know what type of monsters are roaming the streets. I've seen reports like this in several states, and they seem to be increasing. I don't know if that's due to increased reports, or increased incidents, or a combination of the two.

I agree, and either way, they need to be caught and punished. I hope when (if) they're caught, they receive sentences that keep them from ever being released. I know sentences are getting stiffer for animal abuse, but I think it's likely the offender would be back out in a few years.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just read that they have now arrested the man who did this, and not surprisingly, he was a repeat offender, and will hopefully be going to prison.
    The man was a relative of the people who owned the dog, and they had left the dog with him temporarily while they were moving.
    They must not have realized what kind of cruelty and violence this man was capable of.
    The dog was a family pet, and special companion to their eight year old son.
    There is no way that they can tell the child what happened to his beloved dog, and hopefully, they don't tell him anything more than it was found dead.
    The scary part is that animal abuse would not carry a sentence like the same act done to a woman or child, yet this man is as apt to choose a human for his next victim as he is to choose another animal.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

That's exactly right. I was just saying this to a friend the other night. I think perhaps animal abuse should have at least the same, if not more severe penalties, since we now know that abusers, serial killers, etc., usually start with animals before moving on to humans. I'd be o.k. with more severe penalties anyway, since I love animals, and feel that those who abuse them violate a special sort of trust they have for humans.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

This is so disgusting to even read about. This is as bad as the man in my state who literally kidnapped a small dog from a friends house took it home and tortured it to death. His reasoning he wanted to be like the character Dexter from that TV series some years back. I couldn't believe this and the thing that gets me the most he probably will get off in a few short years. It's horrible but the thing is the law doesn't protect the rights of animals and the cruelty that happens to them the same way it protects human beings. Yes, some could argue that there should be a difference. But should we really turned a blind eye when innocent animals are knowingly tortured and murdered. I don't think so and I really feel unless more is done to stop such abuse from happening it will sadly continue.