Explosion At Concert In In Manchester, England

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gary Ridenour, May 22, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

In the news today....

The family of the Manchester suicide bomber have links to terror networks around the world, it has been revealed. Salman Abedi killed 22 people and injured at least 119 more when he detonated a bomb on Monday night as children were piling out of Manchester Arena having watched Ariana Grande. His father Ramadan and younger brother Hashem were in custody in Libya last night after being arrested by counter-terror police. Detectives said Hashem had links to ISIS and was planning to carry out a terror attack in Tripoli. Hashem was accused of having known about his brother's murderous plans for more than a month, while it emerged his father had been a revolutionary fighter who publicly voiced support for an Al Qaeda-linked group in Syria. A third relative, Abedi's older brother Ismail, was arrested in Manchester. It is not known what his involvement, if any, was. He was once reported to a counter- terrorism unit after concerns were raised by members of the Muslim community. Last night, attention focused on how the bomber had been allowed to slip through the net. Key warnings about his descent into jihadism were apparently overlooked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4539462/Jihadi-family-police-warnings-Manchester-bomber.html

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, overlooked and shameful
    Like I said before, we have done well but, when members of the public are raising concerns - don't ignore !

3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

a call to arms. strike back

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

This may be childish on my part ...but I just love this....

RAF crew scrawled a message on a missile on its way to blast ISIS targets in Syria that read 'Love from Manchester.'

The defiant note was initially believed to be a social media hoax but RAF bosses confirmed its veracity later today.

It is understood it was the brainchild of a drone squadron based at a secret location in the Middle East, in response to Monday night's terror attack at Manchester Arena that claimed 22 innocent victims.

The picture appeared on Twitter with the caption: 'RAF Armourer on a Reaper UAV squadron wrote this on a Hellfire missile before taking off on a Syria mission'.

An RAF spokesman told MailOnline: 'The RAF can confirm the photo was genuine'.

40CA062A00000578-0-image-m-2_1495730338210.jpeg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4542346/RAF-crew-write-Love-Manchester-Hellfire-missile.html

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

View attachment 16912
    We already have it here @Ken Anderson and there is no way Trump or any man/woman on this earth can really put a stop ito this. Whether the terrorists take people out one at a time or many....evil is alive and well on this earth and will continue until Christ comes back to stop it once and for all time.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Unless I slept through it, I don't recall a suicide bomber in the United States. I don't think we have that here, yet.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Well I guess you did sleep through it @Ken Anderson because in my opinion 911 had "suicide bombers" written all over it! And also the Boston Marathon to me and the Oklahoma bombing too.

8. Ken Anderson

Registered

9/11 used planes, not bombs, and the bombers in the Boston Marathon and Oklahoma didn't commit suicide. One of the Boston bombers is still alive and the other was shot by police.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think everyone is overlooking the Bath Township bombings on 5-18-1927. It may very well have been the first suicide truck bomb anywhere. The article states his wife died at their home. Kehoe killed her first.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Well here is where we come to a difference of opinion, suicide whether by using a plane to do it or anything else, is still suicide to me. And terrorist killing innocent people still is the same to me whether they end up dying in the process or not. I guess it's just how we define things in our own mind...those terrorists in 911. the Boston Marathon, and the Oklahoma bombing went in knowing they were "committing suicide" for the cause they believed in...regardless of the outcome. You know this as well as I do.

11. Ken Anderson

Registered

If words don't mean anything, then there's no point in using them in a conversation. Yes, we have had acts of terrorism in the United States. I am certainly not unaware of that. But you opted to tell me that I was wrong when I said that we have not yet had suicide bombings in the United States. If someone is shot to death or stabbed to death, they are still dead, but a stabbing is not a shooting. And it's not a suicide bombing when someone flies a plane into a building or is shot by the police. Both were acts of terrorism, yes, but they weren't suicide bombings.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes I did opt to tell you that you were wrong and I'm sorry for that part Ken. You have every right to your opinion just as I do to mine. One thing you have taught me is that we can have our own opinions without telling the other person they are wrong in having theirs. Because I was upset about my husband's idiot Doctor yesterday I was not careful in how I expressed my opinion that differs from yours on this post. Again I apologize for this.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Have to agree here. The media, in all of its majestic journalistic idiocracy, continually distort the facts by adding or subtracting a singular word. One word has the ability to change the entire context of the who, what, when and where that all good journalism should depend on.

More importantly, entire religions have spurs and cults stemming from the original by doing exactly the same thing.

14. Ken Anderson

Registered

If I am wrong, I'm wrong. Have at it. We have probably had more acts of terrorism in the United States than we know about because we just came off of eight years of Obama, who did not consider anything to be an act of terrorism unless it was committed by a white Christian. I'm exaggerating only slightly, as he would do everything possible to classify murders committed by a Muslim as something other than terrorism, and we still have a media that does that.

They just arrested a man who had only recently come to Lewiston, Maine from Somalia, and is not a U.S. citizen, for threatening to kill police, and the newspaper described him as a "Lewiston man." No mention of his skin color, his religion, or his immigration status.

When a politician is arrested for corruption, you can know that s/he is a Democrat when the news story doesn't mention the party affiliation, but you can be darned sure that if a Republican is ticketed for jaywalking, the party affiliation will be in the headline. I'm not joking, either. A Maine state senator had to pay for a parking violation and it was in the newspaper, along with his party affiliation, and a diatribe about elected officials thinking they were above the law; in this case, the amount of time that he was allowed to park in a space.

Our politicians and our media play with words all the time. If a white male gets into a fist fight with a black man, it's described as a hate crime, but if a Muslim shoots fifteen people to death because they're Christians, it's workplace violence, and when black teenagers and young men make a practice of punching elderly white people on the sidewalks simply because they are white, the newspaper acts like it's a fad, or a teenage prank. Kids will be kids, you know.

Words are important, which is why our politicians and the media continually misuse them.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I definitely agree that words are important, yet I also understand that the definitions of words are often different for many of us too and even in this we are entitled to our own opinions which does not make us right or wrong but only individuals with our own opinions.

I learned this the hard way when I thought my definition of what a Christian is...was the only definition for a Christian and found out that there are many ways people in this world define Christian and we all think our definition of the word is the right one.

I hate the evil that happened in Manchester and I'm just as frustrated as everyone else that it seems we are helpless in stopping this kind of evil. But this same kind of evil is happening all over now and to me has happened here in America way to many times already too. No matter what words you define this evil with...in the end it is still evil and this evil is killing way to many innocent people.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  16. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

They don't always use bombs and they don't always die in the terror attack but anyone who kills innocent people and isn't worried about dying when committing the act is a suicide "bomber" or terrorists.

The terrorists on the plane on 911 had no intention of living through it.

Also, don't forget San Bernadino. The terrorists died because they were shot by police. I'm sure they knew they be shot, so that too was suicide...by cop.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  17. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Just saw news about 2 more i incidents in London....do not have good details yet.

18. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We are watching the situation right now. Apparently a van ploughed into people on the London Bridge, a stabbing somewhere else and "shots fired" also reported somewhere.