Everything Coming Up Roses

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bill Boggs, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Journal Entry

My infection is clearing up; three more antibiotics to take.

This is the third day my roommate has been ill. she’s got a sore throat and coughing her head off. She’s sounds like she’s going to croak.

Had trouble going to sleep last night. Awoke at 4:15 a.m. Power is off, oxygen off, computer off; No wifi. Electric clock stopped at 12:09 a.m.Thought about hooking up emergency oxygen but put on portable tank sitting by my chair.

I debated going back to bed but didn’t want to disturb my roommate. At twenty till five the power came back on and I switched back to the cannula carrying oxygen from the machine.

Turned the computer on and brought up Huffington Post, then Fox News. The world seemed secure on its axis. Checked email and Facebook. Nobody had pulled my chain.

Went in and washed up some left over dishes in the sink and made coffee. Had a cup and at 6:15 went back to bed and slept till 9:00 am.

Ann is still in a bad way. She sounds terrible, about lost her voice.

About four I went and got her some cough syrup and picked up a few groceries. We can have ham sandwiches or soup for supper.

If she’s this way in the morning going to call for some medication to help her out.

Other than that everything coming up roses.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

My gosh I hope you and your roommate gets better quickly...did you both have a chance to see doctor? There is phone consult if you are too ill to go in. I had a cough that would not let me breath and I had a phone consult and I got meds for that cough right away. God help both of you and Christ and Saint Anne heals and cures you both. Saint Agrippina is a Saint to guard against bacterial diseases more at this site. Take care and hope you both get well soon!
    http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=531

Patsy Faye and Bill Boggs like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thank you, krissttina. Appreciate your comment and your prayers.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope all is well - its a rotten time to go through .........

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's a song by Roger Miller: "Everything Is Coming Up Roses"......his wife's name is Rose!;)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs you need a small gasoline generator for those power outages. I'm getting a couple before the summer get too hot. When the power goes out my water well stops working, and so does the toilet facilities.

We had a welding machine/generator that my Michael use to hook up when we had long power outages, but it was way too big and complicated for me to operate. And, it's gasoline consumption was unbelievable.

When hurricane Ike came through, we lost power for three weeks, and the old generator cost us $1800 just to run two houses, our son's and ours.

Joe Riley likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

Ina, I'm too old and decrepit to fool with a generator. If I had one and started it up here in my neighborhood, somebody would probably call the cops.

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.