Events Being Planned For Spring And Summer 2021

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

If Frontier Days is still run by the ranch families that used to run it, then it will go on regardless of the virus. Wyoming is basically a conservative patriotic state and they are tired of being corraled and locked in the stables. For a while, till the storm passes is fine, but when the virus became political instead of science, then the lovers of the old west are going to take action. Several rodeos are going to happen here this summer regardless of what the Governor says. It is uncertain if the Pendleton Roundup will happen. It is all about politics and our governor trying to destroy Eastern Oregon because we started the recall effort against her. Yes, the virus is real but anyone dying from any cause that tests positive at the time of death is reported as a covid death in Oregon. I hope Frontier Days will go on as planned. I have a friend that will be riding in the parade and is planning pow pow. Time to get out in the open air and live, that is the old west cowboy spirit. After this spring we will only wear a mask when we go to the bank to withdraw hahaha!

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First of all, CFD isn't run by ranch families. At least that what I know about it. It's run completely by the city of Cheyenne........the pancake breakfast, parades, Indian Village and so on. PRCA, whom I was a member of for a number of years, puts on the rodeo.

The WNFR, held in Arlington, Texas last month, was good, but Las Vegas is where it should stay. PRCA Gold Card Holders, most of them Seniors, had a get-together in Arlington before the WNFR. The picture of them online showed no "distancing" and not a single mask worn. Absolutely stupid!!

Another big rodeo, in our area, that didn't happen last year, was The Greeley Stampede. As far as this year, The National Western Stock Show and Rodeo, that takes place in Denver, won't happen this month. Cancelled.

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Respectfully Cody, stupid in your opinion, but not theirs. Real ranchers and cowboys won't let their cattle, their livelihood, die just because of a storm that has a 1% chance of killing them. They go out in the storm and get it done. Going to a rodeo is one of their big events of the year off the ranch. There comes a time when fear is killing more people than the virus. I think that time is now. There is a higher chance you will get Lymes disease at a rodeo than the Wuhan SARS2/Cornnavirus which is very weak now. Even the new Fall 2020 version is weak but more contagious and just an excuse to call for lockdowns. Real western ranchers, farmers, and cow folks are sick of this nonsense. Their way of life is being taken away. Luckily in a few places, I know in Eastern Oregon, they have kept their rural churches going as usual. They don't say cowboy church on the door, but you will find the real deal inside every Sunday year-round. I haven't been to a rodeo in several years, but this year I am going unmasked and will have no problem hugging old friends I haven't seen for a while. I will avoid anyone coughing without covering their cough and use the common sense I use every day year-round. I have never been one to shake hands as that is the biggest spreader of viruses.

My prediction is if Biden is installed in defiance of the Constitution, then the virus will mysteriously disappear. If Trump is found to be the rightful winner, then the Democrats will do everything to make the virus everywhere and falsify numbers. The vaccines will be a failure, etc. It will be the mother of all pandemics. One of my neighbors died recently from heart failure. 97 with a heart condition and no covid symptons but tested positive at the morgue for covid so she is counted as a covid death. Sick of it and just sick of what the western governors are doing to the rural west. We vote conservative by a high majority in our rural areas and the governors are doing everything they can to destroy our way of life.

I

Ron Simpson likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

The rodeos they showed in Yellowstone, people were doing "distancing", but I didn't see anyone wearing a mask. And, I also know, by watching a few bull riding championships on tv, during the last few months, there were no spectators in the stands, judges and gate personnel wear wearing masks and cowboys behind the chutes were also wearing masks. I didn't think it would be that way, but it was.