Enter To Win

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Diane Lane, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I love entering sweepstakes and contests in the hope of winning something I need or want. I've won a few things over the years, and would like to hear about sites y'all use to win things, as well. Let's share our sweepstakes/contest sites here, as well as stories of things we've won. The largest prizes I've won were $1,000 in a church drawing, a child's bike (I gave that to a friend, for his child), and a La-Z-Boy recliner. Have you ever won a sweepstakes/contest? Tell us about it and share the sites you play on.

Here's one I like to use, it has various prizes, and some can be entered more than one time per day.

Krissttina Isobe and Mari North like this.
  2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I never enter, never play. It would just drive me crazy. Also, Im too lazy to mail things. But that Lazy Boy recliner sounds very good, I've been looking into getting one.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've not entered many, I think a Walgreens sweepstakes...won nothing.

An Amazon sweepstakes...won nothing.

Something else I can't remember but won nothing.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh! I like this question. :) Same for me, @Diane Lane although I haven't done it in a while. A couple of years ago I was winning blog contests a few a week. I only ever entered for cash, Amazon codes, or gift cards... we're still going through my stack of restaurant and WalMart cards.

My largest prize was the same as yours... a $1000 shopping spree online. It was sooooo much fun, but it didn't end well. There were like ten winners... some more than $1000 and some less. Most of the others took their time ordering things... and then the place went bankrupt soon after the sweepstakes and they got nothing. :( They made a mistake of sending the "sorry, everyone" mail out without bcc'ing the recipient list, so we all started to talk. Some were going to order appliances and never got it done.

Me... well, I'm not a waiter. :rolleyes: I immediately ordered a digital camera, sapphire ring, and stereo system. Next was a few things for my daughter and household items. By the time the "sorry, we're going to declare bankruptcy, this didn't work" came, I was only about $250 from running my account out, so I did make out a lot better than many others.

I only use (I rarely have time for it now) Sweepstakes Advantage, and still only do the blog giveaways because I don't like the odds of the big contests. If a blog is giving away a $25 Subway card (won a bunch of those!) and there are only 300 entries with 30 of them being *my* entries... well those odds I like!

Please share the places you use, Diane (if there are more)... I'd really like to get back into it on my work breaks!

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Mari North

Registered

No mailing involved, @Ruby Begonia ... at least for me. It's all online. One word of advice, though... to everyone. If you're going to do this, starting a gmail account or "tossaway" account for this.... essential because it does generate mail... most times you'll have to subscribe to a blog to get an extra entry, etc.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to be excited whenever there is a raffle in the supermarket. They give a raffle ticket for every few hundreds of amount you buy. When we do the weekly shopping, I get about 5 raffle tickets. But in all those years that I had been filling out the raffle tickets, I had never won a prize. And even in the raffle in our office during the Christmas season, I had never won anything. Opposite is my husband who usually wins something. His biggest prize is the safety vault that we are using. It is a real home vault that is bigger than a hotel room's vault. Some other prizes he had won was the rice cooker and oven toaster.

Now that we have a lotto here, we buy tickets once in a while in the hope of hitting it big.

Diane Lane and Mari North like this.
  7. Mari North

Registered

I'd say it's time to let your husband start buying the groceries, @Corie Henson ... let *him* enter the raffle at the supermarket after he shops, and then he'll win and you can tell us what the prize was! :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

That sounds like a lot of winning, @Mari North, you've been very fortunate! I shared the site, Mari, click the red 'one' and it will take you there, or it should, anyway. They have about 10 pages of items they're giving away, and when one ends, it's usually replaced with another. Today is the last day for the HGTV dream home, as well. I always enter their sweepstakes, and if you scroll to the bottom of their page, there's a link to click for sweepstakes for that site and all of their 'sister' sites, such as DIY Network, Travel Channel, etc.

@Chrissy Page I think Walgreens is where I won the bike. I was trying for a stereo, but ended up with the bike. I think the value was around $100 at the time, which was back in the 90's.

@Corie Henson It sounds as if your hubby's pretty lucky, I'd let him buy the lottery tickets and do the contest/sweeps entries!

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Now Safeway supermarkets has Monopoly to play with pretty good prizes. Aside of Safeway $5 Fridays now you can get Monopoly cards too and put them towards your prize winnings. I go to pch.com almost everyday. I got an instant win of $5 and did surveys and got $10 for it. It's fun and you can play games and make friends too. There is a place I found recently called prize.com/games. I still can't login when I register and when I contact them I get no replies though.