End Time Prophesy Of Elijah Must Return Before Jesus 2nd Coming

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Somewhere, in one of the facebook groups that I belong to, someone was writing about Elijah, the Old Testament prophet. Elijah was taken up with a chariot of fire, and didn’t die, according to the Bible.
    The book of Malachi states that before the second coming of Jesus, that Elijah must come first, and will help set everything up for the arrival of Jesus.

On the facebook group post, which I can no longer find (naturally), someone said that they had read that maybe President Trump could be the new Elijah and is getting everything ready for our Lord to come back.
    So, I looked up the scripture, and then read some of the online responses to what biblical scholars think about Elijah returning again.
    Some of them seem to think that it was just going to be John the Baptist (who said that he was NOT Elijah), and some think that the Two Witnesses will be Moses and Elijah.

Obviously, neither way would that look like it was President Trump. And most of the other Trump prophesies seem to think that Trump is signified by King Cyrus.
    I am wondering if anyone else has come across this idea that Trump might be the return of Elijah and making this world ready for the return of Jesus ?

This is not a thread asking whether or not God exists, it is only about end time prophecy as it relates to President Trump and the Bible, and Christians.

1E626632-3773-43FB-B81C-1B18D1D0055F.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Whatever was in the attachment it is gone. I'm only sure that God placed Trump here for a time such as this.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

I am hoping so, too, @Al Amoling .
    I have thought for a while that we could be in the tribulation period talked about in the Bible. Although it is not happening right here in the United States; it happens all over the world, Christians are being tortured and murdered. Even here , we are hated by many people, and we have watched the morals of this country literally decay and people turn their hearts away from God.

Malachi says that the new “Elijah” will come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and will prepare the way for the return of Jesus. It really looks to me like President Trump is trying his best to make this whole world a better (and safer) place to live, not just for America, but for the whole earth.
    If it is Donald Trump, and he restores all things, as Jesus said in Matthew 17, then we can enter into the millennium of peace promised by Jesus.
    I am hoping and praying for this !

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I just watch David Jeremiah last night on youtube. He was talking about whether this was somehow related to the 2nd coming. He talked for about an hour to his empty church(empty because of COVID-19)
    BTW the attachment from the first post is showing in both places.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

It really looks to me like President Trump is doing things that will help get this world closer to being ready for Jesus to come, as it says the new Elijah will be doing, in the Malachi prophesy, and reiterated by Jesus himself in Matthew.
    I have also been wondering what it is going to look like when Jesus does come back to bring in the millennium of peace. What do you think, @Babs Hunt ?
    I have been hoping that you would be involved in this discussion, as well as some of the other Christians on this forum. We are all looking forward to the return of Jesus, and I am wondering how everyone visualizes this ?

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

https://gracethrufaith.com/end-times-prophecy/john-the-baptist-elijah-or-not/

No, Donald Trump is not Elijah. And the article above explains it so much better than I could ever put into words with sound Scripture too as proof.

We Christians (who would have been the Gentiles in the time Jesus walked this earth) do not take the place of God's chosen people who rejected both John the Baptist (the spirit of Elijah) and Jesus (the spirit and human form of God). It is only because of this rejection that we "gentiles" were given the gift of becoming the Bride of Christ...and Christ will come and take His Bride home with Him before the Tribulation that God's chosen people the Jews will go through. All people are going to go through "birth pangs" or the "beginnings of sorrows: (Matthew 24:3-14)...which is where I believe we are now. As the Bride of Christ we will be Raptured and not go through the Tribulation that the Jews must face for rejecting both John the Baptist and Jesus.

My opinion about our President Donald Trump is that in Biblical times he would have been considered a Christian King who tried his best to live the way God wants us all to live. But like King David who God loved dearly...he was human and had his faults too. Yet God saw King David's heart was for God and I believe Trump's is getting there too.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020 at 6:05 PM
  7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump is Trump and not Elijah or anyone else. The Second Coming is a nice thought but one that is difficult for this Humanist to believe.