Elton John And His Husband

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Shirley Martin, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think I would have cared as long as I had decent parents. I had a great mom but my dad I didn't care for....I would have traded him for another mom in a heartbeat. :)

It's not about the gender but the person.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Its all relevant Chrissy, another Mom may have been a bitch or butch even :p

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Could be but in my child's eye view it still would have been better than my dad. I often wished my moms brother..my uncle was my dad instead. :)

Definitely a butch though cause my mom was the pretty feminine one. :)

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also....there are so many dads that beat the moms and are all macho...is that a good role model??

You all seem to be closing your eyes to the horrid hetero marriages out there....so many messed up families. :(

But you say it's still better because it's a male and a female?

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Due to my parents divorce, and neither wanting me (to this day, don't know why), I was sent to Indiana to live with an Aunt and her adopted daughter. The Aunt's husband had passed away some years before I arrived. During the years I lived with this Aunt, my grades were pretty much "rock bottom" and she acted like she didn't care. She took me to a State School for testing and after taking the tests, a Counselor talked to me on the stairs going into the school. He told me I passed all the tests with no problems and then said "what you need is a man in the house to guide you more". I was taken away from the Aunt and sent to live with a couple (man/woman) who were related to my family somehow. I learned both man and woman stuff from both. Taking care of a farm as well as washing or wiping dishes, helping with laundry, etc. from my step-mom.

Maryt Hope and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, unfortunately, when the woman stays, it she being a good "role model" for a daughter and/or son?

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I rest my case! :)

Just kidding...the devil made me say it @Cody Fousnaugh

Maybe I need a break from here for a bit...

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

No problem, Chrissy. For me, I'm just glad I spent the 8th grade and high school with them. I wasn't the best student living with them, but much better than when living with the Aunt. Even though they were very strict with me, I loved them both. They helped me so much. They are both deceased now, but have photos of both. Actually, I thought they were strict, until I enlisted in the Navy. Wow, did the Navy show me what "strictness" really was.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Nobody has perfect parents and I don't think it matters what sex they are is all I'm saying.

Even I wasn't perfect...I know that's hard to believe :)

We can't generalize because I see many men that are dads but aren't tradional macho types but still are responsible parents.

My son and SIL are very different but both are good dads in different ways. My son helps his wife with the kids and can fix things around the house etc and even cooks but my SIL doesn't do any of that...he golfs...but his boys love him just as much as my son's boys love my son.

All my grandsons are well adjusted good kids and yet very different type fathers.
    Different styles of parenting...

You were married to a woman and had a child...right? I think you said somewhere that it didn't work out?

Bottom line for me on this...I myself am very tradional in my life and how I live it but I'm open and accepting of people with different ways.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

There you go - 'male' :p

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yes Chrissy - is it a 'sure' thing that gays don't fight, don't drink etc ..... Is it a 'sure' thing they make better parents ?

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Anyway Chrissy, does it matter on here, we are just discussing our views on the subject and there will be those
    that disagree with each other. We are all entitled to a view though :)
    I wouldn't try to change a view on any subject but to explain why we feel the way we do is fine

Maryt Hope and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I really don't know many gay parents so can't say but there are plenty of bad hetero parents...too many :(

there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read about a dead child or an abused child. :(

As for wishing my uncle was my dad....at that point in life I didn't know about gays. :(...so naturally I chose my uncle.

I'm also not trying to change anybody's views...we are all too old for that...myself included. :)

For me to change my view about anything would take a miracle. :)

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I grew up with wonderful parents, and until I was grown and married, I had no clue how lucky that I was to have had such a great upbringing and two loving parents.
    I totally agree with what @Chrissy Cross has said , that some of the homes with male/female parents can be very dysfunctional; so just having a traditional set of parents is no guarantee that a person will have a happy home life and good upbringing.
    I think that many women become gay because they were abused by men, and they just do not want to subject themself to abuse anymore, and they do not want to live alone either. Just being gay does not mean that someone is unstable. In fact, it could be as simple as that their hormones are not working right; and I think that this does not mean that they could not be a good parent.
    As far as accepting a person if they are gay, I pretty much see them the same way as I see anyone else, just as a person, and either like or dislike them for how they act, and not their sexual preferences.
    Ideally, I think that it is best for a child to have a mother and father to learn from, and both can teach a child important things that we need to learn. However, this world is not perfect nor ideal, and just having parents that care for you and raise you with love is more important than having a parent of each sex.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

"For me to change my view about anything would take a miracle."

Know exactly how you feel. Yep.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.