Ella & Bubba

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ken Anderson, May 28, 2020.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

You can take a boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy. :)

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I bumped my elbow carrying one of those large bottles of bubbler water into the house. As I was cussing and crying, I see Bubba. He's all scared and looking like he's worried about being beaten or something.

"Oh come on, Bub. I'm not mad at you. You didn't do anything."
    "You've never been punished in your life, and I don't even get mad at you when you're the one who hurts me."

3. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

moon & cat.gif

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Bubba was probably worried about you, @Ken Anderson , and was afraid that you were hurt. He loves you, bless his little furry heart !

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

No, he wasn't. He was probably laughing his head off at that clumsy ol' fool. :p

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

7. Ken Anderson

I'm going through a lot of treats because every time I'm inclined not to give them a treat, I get outvoted by Ella and Bubba.

8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I do miss my cats.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Yes, the same thing here. Poodle and Rusty beg and beg to go outside, just so they can run back inside 3 minutes later and have a Milkbone treat. I am pretty sure that they only ask to go out so that they can come back in again.
    And we have to spell out the b-o-l-o-g-n-a word at night or they will go into hysterics wanting their bedtime treat, way ahead of bedtime.

10. Ken Anderson

This winter, I've been feeding the feral cats on my porch so that I wouldn't have to keep shoveling a path to the back door, which we don't otherwise use in the winter. I leave the sliding door on my porch open just enough so that a cat can come in. I also have a cat bed there but they're all too cautious to trust that.

Anyhow, the gray cat and the black one got into a fight on my porch. Although I really like the gray cat, I will have to admit that he's a bit of a wuss. He's bigger than the black cat but he runs from it all the time. Well, this time I guess the black cat was between the gray cat and the door, so he couldn't run. Bubba and I were both startled by the noise they were making. Like most catfights, I think there was more noise than fight, however.

Thinking, wrongly, that Bubba might want to watch the fight since he seemed so interested, I picked him up and started to carry him to the door. I guess he got the idea that I was going to throw him out there in a middle of a catfight, and he scratched me all up (my hand, my chest, my arm) in his desperation to get away, and then he ran into my old office to hide under the futon, and wouldn't come out for more than a half hour.

So, I guess I found a cat who is a bigger wuss than the gray one. I won't be depending on Bubba to protect me in a pinch.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I bet you won't be taking him to anymore cat fights either. Pour salt into the wounds thats all I do and it works great. Jake will use antibiotic ointment, but I heal faster and now he dose the same thing and heals faster too.
    I learned that as a child when momma hid us from the police the doctors called on her for taking me out of hospital ,they wanted to amputate my arm from corn beef can got cut opening. Blood poisoning red streaks all way up to my shoulder.
    She hid us in a motel and I still remember the knotty pine walls and very hot salt water.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  12. Ken Anderson

bubba-little.jpg bubba-small2.jpg
    It seems like yesterday.

13. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am going to enjoy this thread, being a cat lover always and forever LOL

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Me too Janine, always had cats but it is hard to keep them inside with my allergies, but I miss them so much. And outside they roam, but we had them here for first 15 years and they lived long lives, but we were going to visit kids more then and talking the cats got to be a problem, one got loose, and we never saw her again, she was heading thru the forest last sighting.

Janine Coral likes this.
  15. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Me and my allergies too, Marie. But I must keep my cat indoors, and let her to the outdoor balcony with a view of the trees, birds and other activities to entertain her lol. She is 17 years old and slowing down, I want no outdoor accidents.

Fifteen years with your cats is a long time and their long lives, it is so hard when we lose them to wondering off as one of yours did thru the forest and also like you shared, when visiting your kids and taking the cats was a problem, it can become a lot of adjustments to some extend, I know what you mean.

Missing our furry angels (as I call our feline pets) gosh every cat I've ever had is imprinted on my heart forever..