Election Day Party

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Chrissy Cross, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Approximately ⅓ of Maine's landmass is also uninhabited, but it is colored blue, I assume, because they chose the color of the party that won the overall state vote, which would be the case in Nevada as well.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Now there would be a trick, lol! I think you posted of the felons that were released, 60,000. I don't know if it was you @Ken Anderson and then hillary won in that State by 60,000?? I really don't remember how it went.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

Now there's an idea I wouldn't have thought of, turn part of oceans, Canada, Mexico blue for Hillary, and knowing me, I wouldn't have noticed, LOL!! I can just see me, look you guys, look at all dat blue, anyone have a Valium, LOL!!

4. Denise Evans

Registered

Hey @Bill Boggs I haven't honestly come in contact with many for hillary, I tend to stick with as many for the same candidate because I don't want to argue. And I know some on both sides love to argue. I just want you to know that I realize all too well, what it's like to be for someone that loses. I gotta say this for hillary, she didn't give up. That was one of the things Trump said about what he liked about her.

We are both Americans though, and we still have opportunities many in the world don't, we can stand together at least on the things we agree on. I don't know how willing I'd be if I were on the other team through all this. But you and I are both Americans, and I'm glad we still have our country.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

Did she just die?? I heard something about her death but I don't recall for sure what it was, or when.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh thanks for this @Ken Anderson I realize the most populated areas of Oregon voted blue around Portland, but it sure makes me proud of my State of Birth when I see all the Red:) What about Alaska, looks like it's Grizzlies all voted for hillary:( but the humans went with Trump;)

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

absolutely no one lives there, yet they colored it blue.
    @Denise Happyfeet
    The write-up in our paper about Janet Reno's death sickened me. Praise was heaped upon her claiming her effectiveness as Attorney General was unsurpassed, as were her many life-achievements.

The reality is, as a County Prosecutor in Florida, her conviction rate for murderers tried was among the LOWEST in the entire country. She was in truth as Attorney General of the United States, a Clinton scapegoat, nothing more. Her acceptance speech of "full responsibility" for the deaths of scores of innocent men, women, and children after the Waco Incident, personified the lowest point, for me, of the entire two terms of Clinton's Administration.

Now, in death, we should forgive and forget, eh? Not ME.
    Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

@Denise Happyfeet, yeah I don't get Alaska.

Sorry everyone, for being mostly absent today. It was nearly daylight when I went to bed, and I didn't get much work done over the past couple of days so I need to work on my paid job, as my pay period ends tomorrow.

9. Ken Anderson

The day before the election.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't notice you being absent all day.....you're one of the few that talk to me. :)
    Not complaining though.

11. Ken Anderson

Maine's results tend to come in slowly. Two percent of the vote in Maine still hasn't come in but, although Trump did much better in Maine than Republicans have in the past, two percent of Maine's population isn't that much, so it wouldn't change the results. Most of our population is in far southern Maine, where there are several colleges and a crap load of liberals.

Since I put out more than half of the Trump signs that were put up in Millinocket, I feel invested in it. Here's how my state, my county, and my town voted.

Maine: 47.89% for Clinton, 45.13% for Trump
    Penobscot County: 51.77% for Trump, 41.01% for Clinton
    Millinocket: 52.62% for Trump, 41.42% for Clinton

Maine splits its four electoral votes by congressional district. I am in District 2, which is by far the largest by mass but by far the smallest by population, as most of our cities are in the southern District 1. Clinton won a couple of coastal counties in District 2 but the rest went to Trump, giving Trump an easy win in District 1. On the other hand Trump won four counties in District 1, although Clinton won the larger cities and the coastal area. I can't find the district numbers right now, but Trump did much better in District 1 than any other Republican has, at least for a while.

maine-statewide.jpg
    This is what the vote looked like by county.

maine-cities.jpg
    This is how Maine voted by town. The gray areas are parts of Maine where there are no towns, including some areas with no people. Yes, about one-third of the state is privately owned wilderness, where no one lives but anyone can visit. As you can see, even in our southern district, Trump took quite a few towns. The spots of blue in northern Maine are in the St. John Valley along the Canadian border, where French is a common language and they tend to be liberal for no good reason. Some of these towns have fewer than a hundred people so one large family can change the color of the town. Most of the state's population is within that strip of blue along the coast. I'm praying for global warming to flood them out.

Our six largest cities are not very large by most standards, but they still have enough people to keep Maine blue.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  12. Ken Anderson

I don't feel like doing math but I am reading that if Trump had run against Obama in 2012, and got the same demographics (as in the percentage of the vote he got from each demographic group), he would have beaten Obama. I don't know if someone just pulled that out of their butt or if they actually did the math. I am not about to look up the numbers from each state and do the math, but I know that Obama won Maine in 2012 by more than fifteen percentage points, while Hillary won Maine by less than three.

13. Denise Evans

Registered

I believe it, but it may have taken what Obama has done to earn those get those same demographics, if I'm understanding this.

I actually got on to ask if there's a place to find the full thing between Trump and Obama, and I didn't check the whole thread yet, so forgive me if it's already posted. I will look now;)

14. Ken Anderson

Yes, of course. Those kinds of things can be interesting but it's sort of like a fantasy baseball game, where you're pitting players who never played together into teams and pitting them against other players who never played together, and deciding the scores based on their playing statistics.