Easy Apple Turnovers

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Mal Campbell, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I made these the other day and was surprised at how easy and tasty they were.

2 Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
    Cinnamon and Apple Pie spice to taste
    Chinese Five spice to taste
    1 can Crescent Rolls

In a medium pan, add apples and spices and enough water to cover them. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until apples are soft. Remove cover and continue cooking over medium heat until apples are "syrupy" and water has cooked down, about 4-5 minutes.

While apples are cooking, unroll crescent roll dough and divide so that you have squares instead of triangles - i.e., use two triangles to make up a square. Press each square into a "large muffin" tin. Bake according to the crescent roll directions.

Makes 4 turnovers.

Diane Lane and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Whoops, sorry I forgot one major piece of the instructions. After pressing the crescents into the muffin tin, fill with the cooked apples. Fold the crescent dough over top of the apples. Then bake.

Diane Lane and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I must try this as soon as I get some apples.

4. Betty Johnstone

Betty Johnstone Veteran Member
    Registered

Now this sounds really good and quite easy. I do have some apples but will have to get some of the crescent rolls before giving this a try. I bet these would be delightful with my morning coffee :)

5. Susan Long

Susan Long Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, this sounds nice. I wonder if someday our forum will feature 'real food' and 'read drinks' we can share online! ;)

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:That sounds so easy to bake. I love easy baking recipes. Thanks a lot for the recipe. You can just make any sort of fruit that you like to bake into a little turnover. Again thanks for the recipe!

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I like easy recipes. Do you bake at 350 for maybe 20 minutes? I'm trying to remember how long and what temperature I tend to cook similar recipes at, and that seems as if it might do the trick.

Ah, nevermind, I just saw your comment about baking according to the crescent roll directions. No idea how I missed that, even though I read it twice :eek:.