Earthquake Drill

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Corie Henson, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah Corie! I've seen this in the news and the local community here also perform the earthquake drill. I am also amused on how the gov't agency tasked to handle the drill have come up with a video about it. Watch it below. Although it may seem odd to be dancing like this during the actual event, the good thing was that even the young ones are getting awareness in a very fun way they would understand about it.

Corie Henson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Ha since I have lived here in the war zone, in addition to high winds which made a tree fall on my satellite dish and break it, I have experienced both a tornado and an earthquake, something I had pretty much avoided all my life. It helps to do drills and things I think for preparation. The large East Coast quake was centered in this County. The after shocks were scarier than the actual event. There was alot of property damage here, but fortunately, no deaths although I think a few heart attacks were attributed to the quake.