Drones - Anyone Have Experience With Them?

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Joe Riley, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I always said, if another animal gets out, my answer would be "I don't know whose sheep that is.":rolleyes: But flying a drone could help me keep an eye on a neighbor to my north who keeps ending up on part of my land that I can't see.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yup.

I just had that yesterday for the second time since I've been here (12 years.) There is some idiot whose house is at the road (to my front/left) that shoots shotguns. I do not understand what he is doing. He rapid-fires as though he is at the range trying to get rid of ammo he does not want to cart back home. He cannot be practicing/sighting in/doing anything serious.

Last year was the first I heard gunfire coming from the back of my property. Someone hiked a good ways to shoot back there...behind me are nothing but empty lots. Then yesterday I heard it along the creek off to the side of my house. I was gonna walk down there but I got this daggone catheter in me...it put me in the right mood for a conversation, but it would have been a very uncomfortable hike.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Be careful of idiots with guns.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

Yup. That's what I told my neighbor last year when I decided to not "just walk back there" to chase them off. A more prudent thing to do would be to erect No Trespassing signs and set up game cameras. Then let the sheriff handle it.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  6. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    Friends, please do be careful of idiots with guns. I would not recommend walking back- even on your property- if you know someone is there with a gun- any kind of gun. the advice to put up "posted No Trespassing " sings is quite solid. Once you've done that, you have legally performed your duty to others and then you can call the law and set them on the trespasser. Using a drone to keep an eye on property is actually a very good way to do things. Just keep the drone high enough so that the idiot with a gun can't take it down. As long as you're flying over your land, you are legally very safe.
    Stupid with a gun is a very bad combination. you all be safe and keep well

7. John Brunner

I've been a gun owner for 50 years, and have been around guns all my life. I've rarely encountered types like the guy who lives near me...but he sure seems to be a yahoo. Houses around here are not close to each other. This guy is around the corner from me, and I think a family lives there (adult kids.) I don't know if it's the dad or the adult sons or who gets out there and behaves that way. I can tell it's more than one of them.

There are a number of folks who used to wander on my property and hunt when I first moved in, and I had no problem approaching them to talk. But I agree with you regarding these guys...they are idiots. I doubt that they are violent-dangerous, but they sure maybe be stupid-unsafe. Thank goodness they are in the tiny minority.