Drive In Theaters Aka Passion Pits Are Now Open

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Lon Tanner, May 23, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Many folks will look forward to going and getting out of the house. I can't remember the last time I went to a Drive In. Can You?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I think the last time was when my oldest son was a baby. We wanted to see a movie but didn't want to annoy other viewers by taking him into a theater. That would have been around 1980.

Living on the Gulf Coast of Texas, drive-in theaters were not much fun because of heat, humidity and MOSQUITOES.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Although the first movie for me was "Angel on my shoulder" which my mom and dad took us to see, I never took my kids to one so there last one for me would have been in the late 50s.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They opened one in Bangor, Maine a few years ago. I'll bet it does well this summer, or will if our whacked-out Democrat governor allows it to open.

While I was in high school, the Menominee, Michigan drive-in theater charged by the person, so we fit as many people in the trunk as possible. For wholesome American humor, we didn't necessarily open the trunk immediately after parking the car.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  5. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

They have opened here also. There are no more speakers hanging on driver's side windows anymore, just tune in your radio. Concession stands are closed for now.