Downton Abbey

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Beth Gallagher, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

[QUOTE="Patsy Faye, post: 367809, member: 202"] Highclere Castle, the home of the fictional Crawley family ...[/QUOTE]

Good heavens, I just read this on Yahoo... "Super fans will be delighted to know that even after the movie debuts, there’s still a way to keep the spirit of Downton alive…by staying in the real-life castle where the series was filmed. Yes, Highclere Castle is now listed on Airbnb for the bargain price of £150 per night (roughly $188), as a one-night-only, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Only two lucky guests will get to stay—and they’ll be treated to all the luxurious meals and amenities Downton (err, Highclere) has to offer."

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

This is my fave show now, I don't know why I never had tried watching it before, I can't stop watching it. It's on my Britbox I get through Roku Channel. I can watch it every night. My faves is Mr. Crawley and Mr. Bates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

It is addicting .. I cried out loud when ...opps almost gave it away.not sure what season your on

5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I've cried several times, and in fact it helps my life to look pretty good at times ;) Lets see, I'll have to look Hedi, ok, Season 3 Episode one I just finished watching that :) Thanks for the reminder that I don't want to spoil it for anyone! I am getting more faves too as I go. The grandmother is an absolute treasure, love Maggie's acting, hadn't seen her for awhile!

[​IMG]