Dopey Doris

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I have remote controls for my lights and lamps around the house. In the livingroom I Have 2 sets of ceiling lights and 4 large table lamps...

Last night before I wet to bed, I turned all the lights off using the remote control as usual... and one Lamp stubbornly refused to turn off. I tried pressing every button on the remote to no avail. The lamp sits on top of a large cupboard so I couldn't move it to turn it off at the wall socket...so I had no option but to leave it on all night in the hope my husband would notice at 5am as he was getting ready to leave for work and fix it .

Despite having glass doors.. he clearly didn't notice the light on in the livingroom as he walked past into the kitchen so when I got up later, I texted him to ask what to do about the lamp... and he said..

''Duh'...turn it off using the switch underneath the bulb''

In my defence it's been a Long time since I turned a lamp on or off manually, and I'd totally forgotten...lol, what a dopey doris.

Has anyone else done anything that was embarrassing or downright daft ?...don't let me be alone please... [​IMG][​IMG]

( no disrespect to anyone called Doris) lol

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll have to think on that Holly, I know I have had 'dopey Doris' moments :p
    As for you - that was truly dopey :D

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

LOL...I know it was just soo dopey Patsy... :oops:

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

So true, but very funny !! :p

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That IS the funniest story, @Holly Saunders ! I read it through twice, laughing each time, and then I had to read it to Bobby, so now he is chuckling to himself , too.
    I think that we all do those silly kinds of things , we all just do different ones. After I got my first ipad, I got used to using a touchscreen, and since i didn’t have a computer anymore, the iPad was all that I used.
    On a visit with Robin, she was showing me something on her MacBook, and I sat there and poked the screen of the laptop probably a dozen times before Robin got tired of laughing at me and pointed out that her laptop wasn’t a touchscreen !
    You would think that having used nothing except a computer for years, I would not forget how to use a mouse in just a few months of having a tablet with a touchscreen; but I still have to stop myself from doing that anytime I use a regular computer or laptop.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

LOL>..that's funny @Yvonne Smith :D...it just shows how quickly we forget things.

BTW My post is even more of a dopey doris, I just noticed I said I was going ''to wet to bed'' :eek:o_O:D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

That reminds me also of a time years ago when my o/h told me I could make skype calls from my computer.. .. he told me all I had to do was talk into the computer. he nearly fell off the chair laughing when he came into the room and saw me talking into my computer screen, getting progressively louder and trying to figure out why it wouldn't work... I didn't realise I needed a Mic...lol.....

Gawdsakes I'm beginning to sound like a complete eejit now... :oops::rolleyes::D

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - 'before I wet the bed' :p

Just shows, we expected the word to be 'went' and read it as such - you could have got away with that one Holly :D

Well I've had a think and can't recall anything and I know there is a few to recall but this little word mishap will always
    give me a giggle ........ In the 80s I ordered one of those tops that attach underneath, to give a lovely shape under a skirt
    the colour was chocolate brown
    anyhoo, it didn't come, so I wrote off asking 'where's my chocolate body o_O should have received it by now'
    :p

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Registered

hahaha.. @Patsy Faye , I can just imagine whoever got that mail laughed their heads off... :eek::D

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

That's what makes me giggle when I think of it - gave them a good laugh for sure :p

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

I posted this on the other forum and one extremely rude old man ruined the thread by being extremely insulting ... what's the matter with people, they can't just let a lighthearted tread be, without ruining it? :(

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Well, we love you here, @Holly Saunders ! Sorry about the Grumble-bug over there; maybe he didn’t get any sugar on his morning oatmeal today ?

13. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

Holly you gave me a good chuckle. I'd post one of my Doris moments but they are getting so frequent that none stand out right now.

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Old people do tend to be grouchy sometimes. :D Present company excepted, of course. ;)

When we first got married, DH and I lived near his family. A few days after we moved in, the mailman came to the door and asked if Mrs. Martin lived there. I told him no and proceeded to tell him where my MIL lived. Just about time he started to walk away, I remembered, "I am Mrs. Martin!" I called him back and got my mail.:D

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

LOL Shirleeee.. I can imagine you doing that ... :D

Shirley Martin likes this.