Don't Trust Size Of Clothes Abroad

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Corie Henson, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

For several times, we have experienced buying clothes with the wrong size. The label says Medium and it turns out to be small. Well, some shirts we bought for giveaways were not wasted but it would be better if the size is accurate. In our recent travels, we never fail to check the size by fitting. Even in the street market, we try out the clothes (without removing our clothes, of course) to verify if the size is accurate. Especially in Vietnam, their sizing is one size smaller than the standard in our country.

2. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't buy any in Spain. I was quite astounded what my size was. 14 in UK but 48 in Spain. They do fit though.

I much prefer the sound of 14, has a nice sound bite ;)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Before - you could buy your size with confidence
    Now - you have to check your size will fit, sometimes you have to go down or up a size - crazy !

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I haven't been abroad but I have quit shopping at Burlington's because the last couple of times I have been there, the sizes didn't make any sense at all. I had been shopping there off and on for years but, for some reason, it's as if sizes were assigned to clothing randomly, and I don't want to spend hours bringing things into the changing room only to find that they're not even close.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I go to amazon.com to shop sometimes. I look for specials all the time. There they are clothes that are very cheap! I then read the reviews and like Corey says the clothes are a bit smaller than American standard size. I like to read the reviews and see about how they fit. Luckily amazon has ask the shipper, so your questions can be answered if you have any questions to ask the shipper. I like loose comfy clothes too so I'm a bit careful when I buy online. Even on rack I did buy what seems to fit and it's a bit tight, so now I try on the clothes no matter what even at the thrift stores I'll try on clothes just to be sure. It's not all standard I found out and what looks okay to the eye isn't a right fit for you when you actually try it on. Trying it on is the best to be sure you're getting the right fit for like Corey says it's smaller sizes from abroad.