Dogs, Cats And Children - $

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Bobby Cole, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Okay, I know it was the dollar sign that got your attention. Dogs and cats are common place and let's face it, just about everyone here has children but ...........no one has enough money.

That said, here's a bit of curiosity that might (or probably will not) pique the interest of a few.
    I saw an ad last night for the ASPCA which needs money to take care of the centers for wayward animals. They said that all they need is 68 cents a day to feed and care for the animals. That's not a whole lot of money and a doable thing but another ad for saving the children only wants 50 cents a day to feed, clothe and educate a child.
    It's likened to, in my wierd way of thinking, of giving 10% of our earnings to God for our tithe but the government wants over 20% of what we earn.

One wonders, or at least I do, how these figures are calculated for surely their calculations cannot be made on a sliding scale based on importance.

Okay, now to decide. 68 cents to feed a dog or 50 cents to feed a child. On one hand, a child is much more important than a dog and cheaper. But, dogs don't talk back and do not have to be bathed as often. A real tough decision. What ever do I do with such a quandary? The entire world as we know it could hinge on my choice. Maybe it's time for some serious meds and just think about it for a while.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Le$$ finger pointing and more finger painting!:);):)

[​IMG]

Bobby Cole likes this.