Does Anyone Think We're Getting Quite Close to the Last Days?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Sarah Price, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Sarah Price

Sarah Price Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi,

If you had asked me ten years ago when I thought Christ would be coming back, I would have said, "probably in 1,000 years". In the past few years though I have seen a lot of shocking changes in our country. Of course, Israel is THE major player in the Last Days and there have been significant changes for them as well. I hang my head in shame as to the lack of support for them that is being shown by our current administration. Has everyone forgotten the terrible atrocities that were committed against the Jews back in the 40s? The entire world went to war to save these people. Now the world is turning away from them again. I do think the American people overall, support Israel but our administration is definitely pro-islam and anti-Israel. So this seems to me to be a sign and I see a lot of "right is wrong" and "wrong is right" which is also supposed to be part of the Last Days.

Brittany Houser and Allie Seay like this.
  2. Herbert Jennings

Herbert Jennings Veteran Member
    Registered

The feeling of impending doom has always been around and it is certainly not unique to us right now. Back when Rome was the world's number one super power, people noticed a decline due to corruption and turmoil from within. Their natural conclusion was that the world would end with the fall of Rome but of course that didn't happen. I completely understand that you have this feeling that the world could end but if you look at history one could argue that the world will be just fine. Empires come and go, they always have.

Denise Evans and Terry Page like this.
  3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not a religious person, so I've never really thought about this issue from that point of view, but purely from a practical point of view it sees that mankind is set of destroying the world and I can't see life going on as it has for much longer unless things change for the better really soon.

I have a neighbour who is a religious Christian though, and he brought this topic up one day. He's very certain that the Last Days are very near.

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Kevin Matthew

Kevin Matthew Veteran Member
    Registered

I feel much more positive about things today. I think things are better than they have ever been. Looking back to the 20's, 30's, 40's or 50's when things were supposedly "better" - they were - as long as you were a straight white male. If you were African American or Gay or Lesbian or Jewish, or a woman things weren't so great.

So, no, I don't think it's the end of days. It's just the beginning of freedom for many of us.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  5. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

Let me first say that in part I agree with Kevin (above). Some things are better than they once were; but even so, these are troubled times. There are things going on that just defy explanation they are so bad. Biblically, though, these things all seem to be falling into place.
    I know the pastor of the church my husband and I attend is convinced that we are indeed in the last days as is most of the congregation. According to them, we haven't long to go.
    That's the part I get hung up on.
    Things are getting pretty bad and I do agree that we are in the last days. How long the last days will last, though, I couldn't begin to say even in the most general way; but I do know that we're not supposed to be overmuch concerned about it.
    Still, it bears noticing.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The question concerning "coming upon the last days," is the operative part.
    The "last days" started at the cross in a technical sense. Some folks would argue a time issue but let us not forget that time is all consuming to us, but a thousand years is as a second in the spiritual world.

All things are pointed in the direction that the prophets (including Jesus Himself) wrote about and indeed we should still not worry. It seems that the wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes, and general mayhem have happened many times before in the sequences they were supposed to appear and nothing dramatic happened.

That being said, there are more wars now in the middle east than ever before (the known Biblical world ) and more earthquakes and volcanoes than ever before. Is this just another phase or is this the real thing? "Not even the angels know day nor the time," as Jesus said.
    Again, we have no need to worry If............the lanterns are prepared and the wicks are trimmed at all times.

7. Susan Long

Susan Long Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with Bobby, the signs are in place for the return of Jesus. I follow Anne Graham Lotz's teaching most days online, and she has prepared several videos for those persons who will be left behind after the rapture of the Church. It is a very fascinating time to be alive, and to prepare our hearts in our relationship with the LORD Jesus.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  8. Juan Ortega

Juan Ortega Veteran Member
    Registered

Such an assumption is not absurd. With more and more prophecies become realized, it can be possible that the end is near. Such realizations are on the way to if not already becoming true. Uprising wars and civil unrests are the least of our problems, with fault lines and polar shifts the living truly remains blessed.

Susan Long and Allie Seay like this.
  9. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no idea but I doubt it. We are not supposed to know but rather live as if it were close. People have been debating this for centuries and we are still around. I remember in the 60's during the Christian Revival era, it seemed as if every other word spoken was "Rapture!"

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As an exercise in Bible college, we were assigned, in teams, to a millennial position, or a view on the rapture, and given one week to defend it Biblically. As these were not, in many cases, positions that we actually held to, it was enlightening to find that they all could be defended. As a Christian, if I am raptured and spared a great deal of grief, great, but I'm not going to pin all my hopes on it.

Diane Lane and Richard Paradon like this.
  11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I am new here. My name is Joe, and I hope to find a place among you, and feel at home. I have a few thoughts.

I feel that the World is not only changing, but that it is dying. The only preparations we are told to make are personal ones. We are to watch and pray...and to be ready when the Lord returns. No one knows when, but when it comes, it will be "today". My prayer is "Come quickly, Lord"! I think we can get distracted, trying to be "right" on the subject, instead of trying to be ready.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Welcome to the forum, Joe. It's good to have you. It does indeed seem to me that there is very little left that needs to be fulfilled before the Last Days, but I also realize that this is not the first generation that has believed this.

Diane Lane likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I never climb into bed at night, and blow out the lamp....expecting that the thief will come during the night. The Lord will come, as a thief comes...unexpectedly. Course there's no harm done being ready...if I die before His return. Thank ye, for the welcome Ken!

14. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not a Christian per se, Joe, but i do feel that before we decide to do something, whether good or bad, we do have the option to choose correctly!

Brittany Houser likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Howdy Joe! Nothin" much to it around here, so far as feeling at home goes! Glad you're here!
    It is too true that we do have a tendency to debate about spiritual matters more than simply live them. It's funny, but not funny as in "ha ha" when I hear and study with people who seem like they are literally trying so hard to make Biblical premise difficult. God may not be easy, but He made it easy for us. KISS....Keep it simple Saint!

Yvonne Smith and Richard Paradon like this.