Does Anyone Need A Clock?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

:eek: Mommy said I can't play at your house anymore.

Sheldon Scott and Diane Lane like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

But can I play at the White House? :confused:

Sheldon Scott and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Ike Willis

Registered

:):):)

5. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, I read that whole clock drama and I have to say I don't know what is more tragic. Perhaps if that poor kid had used a potato instead it would have been very different. I think what blows my mind is the fact that they marched him in a conference room and talked about it all the while that clock sat right there on the table. So much for fear that it was some sort of detonation device. I guess now that there is no more radio shack people don't know you can build this sort of stuff.

What is the real issue? Is it because the kid is not white? Is it truly fear that it is or could be a means to allowing something in a school building that could potentially be an explosive? It isn't like that kid had it taped to his belly or something. This is a very sad state, something will no doubt suffer and it appears it could come at the creative potential of our offspring.

6. Diane Lane

Registered

@Jenn Windey The device he made looks very much like this detonator that I posted. That was the point of posting it. There was a terrorist attack nearby not long ago, in which the terrorists shot and wounded a security guard before they were shot and killed by police. If I were a parent in the area, or any resident, really, I'd be extremely upset if the school hadn't been diligent in following up on this incident.

7. Ike Willis

Registered

That kid didn't "invent" anything. Is that clock a countdown clock? I think the kid's practicing for bigger things.

Sheldon Scott and Diane Lane like this.
  8. Diane Lane

Registered

9. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

You know it is kind of funny the way this story was presented up here in the North, they made the kid out to be rather innocent. I have since had a chance to read more into this story and I am shocked. His sister did the same thing a few years before? And the stuff about the father? Oh My

The original article I read in the local paper made it sound like the kid was just a geek and the school had some project or something. It sounded like the bully stories, with the school being unreasonable and hard on a geek kid just because of his race. In this region they are very much all about science in the schools. In this region though, they are also very hard on the school kids for things that really should not matter, like rock tee shirts and hair. I could see one of our district teacher being angry because the thing beeped. I thought this was like one of those circuit boards you get from radio shack where you can build like 104 different electronic things, but as I was shown today that is not what this was at all. The clock one from the electronic kit is actually not big at all. Especially the potato one. In fact I had forgot the boys had got that kit one year for Christmas. You know when my son and godson were young they would build stuff all the time, from toy parts. I used to be afraid they might try and plug one of those inventions in and burn the house to the ground. I can tell you though, they hardly looked like bombs, they looked like toy robots and stuff like that. For once in my life I am really feeling like there is an effort in the news media going on to divide public view.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I think it's very peculiar, to say the least. The thing looks like a bomb! I suspect this whole thing was a set-up, and the liberal media ran with it, like they always do! The mainstream press in America is skewed, and has been for a long time. They have stopped being the journalists for a free people, and have become idealogues for a left-wing agenda.

11. Ike Willis

Registered

Thanks to the media, the whole world sees how easy it is to make Americans look stupid.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  12. Diane Lane

Registered

@Jenn Windey I'm from Boston, and they do that. That's why I share these stories on the internet, as well as talking about them with my family. The news up there (and nowadays, the mainstream media pretty much everywhere) brainwashes people by reporting the same slant all of the time, so it becomes normal. Unless people see other viewpoints (especially without those viewpoints being labeled as bigoted, outlandish, etc.), they aren't being presented with enough to discern the truth. This is why it's so important to not have only left wing teachers/profs in schools/universities, because if kids grow up consuming a constant diet of one-sided views/information, so think that is right (even though it's usually left ;) .)

I agree, I do think (and have for a while now) that the news media (and others) are trying to divide public view, and their job is supposed to be to present the facts. What they do is present information (fact or not) from their (or their sponsors') perspectives, which is slanted, and not impartial in the least.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Ike Willis likes this.