Doctor Ignore Studies To Make Money

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hmmmm. Each of those articles appears to be from 2017, so I'm surprised there are no updates on the finding. The study report reads "A new study conducted primarily in mice suggests that chemotherapy given before surgery for breast cancer can cause changes in cells in and around the tumor that are tied to an increased risk of the cancer spreading to other areas of the body. However, the study also identifies an experimental therapy that could potentially reduce this risk."

I'm always leery of findings that sound definitive but use "could," "suggests" and "possibly." :rolleyes:

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Beth Gallagher I have not seen a follow up research yet but do not expect that they want to lose the golden cow This is one of the only drugs that has a direct payment to the doctor who prescribes it. Also I am suspicious when they say "could," "suggests" and "possibly." and they use that same language on all side effects of drugs.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

All I can say is, if I'm ever diagnosed with cancer I will head to M.D. Anderson hospital and let them do as they will. They certainly have expertise that is far beyond mine.

5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Beth Gallagher A couple of weeks ago I saw Marlo Thomas on tv kicking off the St Jude money raiser. She had a whole video of how St Jude's research were the first to realize some chemotherapy actually causes cancer cells to multiply. This new information has saved the lives of children because they are very vulnerable to the possible cell growth due to avoidable chemotherapy.

I so wish I could believe all doctors would be honest with this information, but I really wonder if they all will be.

6. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

not surprised...,...follow the money

Martin Alonzo and Bess Barber like this.