Do You Stockpile At Home?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Holly Saunders, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Does it count as 'stockpiling' if you have multiple 'junk' drawers with every nut, bolt and screw,
    known to man, in them?

No matter how many times my wife with throw all of these out, like the Wildebeest on the Serengeti,
    they will migrate back to those drawers!

So if things need fixing up until the end of the World, I'm set.:)

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

I swear that whenever I do that, I'll need something that I had just dumped. I threw away a bunch of electrical cords, most of them with connections that no longer fit anything that I used any more, others to telephone lines or DSL, which I also didn't need. Then I wanted to show off a very old compact box television that I have had for ages and found that I didn't have the power cord for it.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When we were little we lived on a farm and my father had various five-gallon buckets filled with screws, nuts, bolts, washers, etc... He would hand us a damaged item or give us a description of what he needed and it was our job to poke around with an old screwdriver in the buckets until we found what he needed. Looking back I think that it might have been his way of getting rid of us for a few minutes so he could concentrate.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.