Do You Still Flirt With Your Spouse?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Yvonne Smith, May 3, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Since I was always very shy, I have never, ever been one of those girls who flirted with guys. Even when I was married to my first husband, I didn't really flirt with him. Everything was pretty serious back then.
    However, with Bobby, our relationship is just such an easygoing part of life, and I have become a decided flirt in my senior years .
    And...... I really enjoy it ! !
    I think that keeping the romantic part of a relationship going is an important part of the marriage. I don't mean just having sex (although that part is awesome, too); but even the little things like holding hands when we are walking into a store, and hugs and kisses during the day.
    At night, I always tell Bobby that he is the most awesome husband in the whole world, and he will respond that I am the best wife. It is little things like this that put security in our world and help us to know how much we are loved.
    And it never fails to put a smile on Bobby's face when I am giving him a hug and then blow in his ear a little bit and go "woo-woo".
    What special ways do you flirt with your spouse to keep your marriage happy and exciting ?

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I have the upper hand in flirting in our marriage and Johnny loves it. See he doesn't flirt with me but he loves it when I flirt with him. I sing to him too. He just spoils me which I love.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't flirt with men but my husband yes I do, everyday
    We have never stopped courting I guess
    I sing to him too - whether he likes it or not :p

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I definitely remember flirting with ladies when I was single, but today........heck, I don't even know what "flirting" in a marriage is at this age. And, from what I can tell of 15 yrs. of marriage, she really never was a "flirt" when she was single. She just doesn't have that type of personality.

I kiss her "goodbye" every Mon thru Fri AM when she goes to work. We give each other a hug, sometimes.

5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Never was much of a romantic. Once worked in a place with more women than men employees. Got "flashed' regularly. Dated a few .

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Affectionate flirting with your spouse definitely keeps the home fires burning.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I cannot say flirting because I was born and raised as a conservative girl. But cultivating the closeness with my husband can be considered flirting. Sometimes while watching tv, I would sit very close to him and when we are walking in the mall or anywhere, I would always be holding on to his arm and often he would be holding my hand.

The problem with my husband is his lack of romantic inclination. He doesn't even say "I love you" or the so called sweet nothings. Whenever that issue would be raised, he would always say that love is expressed in deeds and not in words. And I believed him because I feel that I am always his priority. That's why I always make it a point to give more than what he desires. That's my kind of flirting maybe.

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Corie Henson
    Sounds good to me Corie - your husband is affectionate and I love that, whether in words or cuddles - or both :)

Corie Henson likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a widow but I'm a flirt or used to be, not so much now...getting old I guess.