Do You Shop At Health - Natural Food Stores?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Kitty Carmel, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was watching a youtube video about ALDI and surprisingly, they also own/run Trader Joe’s , @Chrissy Cross . We don’t have any Trader Joe’s here; but I looked online and there are some in Birmingham; so it is possible that we might get one here as well.
    The reason for the two names is that the original ALDI company belonged to two brothers, and they split the company up; so some places have one ALDI ‘s and other places have the other kind. Here, in the US, we have both kinds, but one is called Trader Joe’s.

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe that why we don't have an Aldi's.

Ive been to Aldi's in Illinois and it's very different from Trader Joe's in my opinion.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Ann George

Ann George Veteran Member
    Registered

I take supplements daily to help with digestive issues etc and will usually buy these at one of our local Health Food stores. IMO, they have the best variety (re supplements) plus I've found the staff to be quite knowledgeable about their products. They have monthly specials plus one of the "chain" stores offers a Seniors Discount, albeit a small one. I don't buy much (if any) of their food items, as I've found that these are often pricey.