Do You Remember Your Manners

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Holly Saunders, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

..with your nearest and dearest?

Often we are extremely polite to strangers but take our own family for granted, and just go with the flow, forgetting our manners at times...

It just occurred to me that my husband and I would never ask each other to do something without saying please or thank you... and when we have a day away..or an extended holiday we always say..''thank you for a lovely day'' to each other at the end of the day... or he will always thank me for dinner or doing his ironing etc...

do you still remember your manners with your nearest and dearest.. or do you just take it for granted they know you're grateful for whatever they do for you, or you them?

Do you have any really ungrateful members of your family?

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep - I always say thank you to Fabs when he helps me
    And yes - know a few ungratefuls :rolleyes: as well as miserable sods :rolleyes:

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Manners?

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I always say please and thank you to anyone, especially those nearest and dearest to me. My GGD recently went on a trip with the Girl Scouts. While she was there she bought me a pack of playing cards with bird pictures on them. She knows I am a bird lover. Bless her heart. :D I bought a thank you card and mailed it to her today.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, my wife taught me to say "please" and "thank you" more than I'd ever said it before I met her. One thing for sure, the military doesn't teach those words, unless talking to a civilian and then it's "thank you, sir (or ma'am). Funny that in some parts of America, ladies/women don't like to be called "ma'am", while other areas is a very respectful word. But, any military training teaches it's enlistee's to call lady officers "ma'am".

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes...I'm polite, always have been. When out everyone I interact with gets a thank you and have a nice day or whatever the circumstance calls for.

I'll even apologize if I've been frustrated over the phone over my AT&T bill. Tell them I'm sorry for getting bent out of shape and it's not their fault.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Come on Ken, we all know you have manners. Right?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  8. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Since I live alone, I can't really respond to the original question, but I am guilty of saying "thank you" and "you're welcome" and calling folks "sir" or "ma'am" out of habit. My mother (she turned 94 a couple of weeks ago) would not allow me to do anything less.

Hoot the Poodle

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I live alone also, so didn't reply in regards to my husband but my last "Please" to him was "Please don't die" :(

Hoot Crawford and Patsy Faye like this.