Do You Remember The First Gift . . . ?

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Ina I. Wonder, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you remember the first gift that you purchased for your spouse, or the first gift your spouse bought you?

I remember the first time my husband bought me flowers. To this day, I can't tell you what kind of flowers they were. When he would bring them to me, the flowers were in tight bud form, and about the size of my tightly closed fist. Upon putting them in water, I would sit and watch them open up. It would only take about 30 to 45 minutes for them to open up to an expanse of four or five inches. At 16, I thought it wonderful and amazing, and I have never forgotten the gift of beauty my love gave to me.

I recently came across the first gift I gave my husband, and I realized it must have meant a great deal to him, even after 47 years. It was an 18 inch thin piece of bambo that was shaped into a back scratcher. He used it nightly, and if I offered to scratch his back he would pull out the little bambo scratcher, and say, "This still works just fine honey". I paid 25 cents, and one penny tax for that little long lasting piece of bambo.

What can you remember of the first gift your love gave to you?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

That is a very sweet memory, thanks for sharing it with us. I don't remember any gifts given or received to my husband.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

When I met my wife she was building a new back porch and putting shingles on it. I asked her to bring me some of the scrap pieces of shingles and I used them on the roof a birdhouse I made for her to put in her yard.

That was 20 years ago and we took it with us every where we moved and it's still in use.

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I like that Sheldon,
    That was a gift of the heart. That kind of gift is what kept my hubby amd me together. Just the knowing that someone loves us so much that they are willing to show us their inner self is the greatest gift. So keep your little bird house all spiffy, and in good repair.