Do You Remember "Somewhere In Time"?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Pat Baker, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I like syfy type movies. I was reminded today of one of my favorites "Somewhere In Time" with Christopher Reeves. Is the story of a young writer who sacrifices his life in the present to find happiness in the past, where true love awaits him.

I don't like to look at movies more than once, "Somewhere In Time" is a movie that I enjoy everytime I see it.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Somewhere in Time is also one of my favorite movies, except that i hate the sad ending. I hate all sad endings, I think.
    But, aside from that part, it is an awesome movie. Even without the story, it would be worth watching the movie just to see the magnificent old hotel, and other things from that place and time.
    And the story itself is awesome !
    It totally blends time travel, historical information, beautiful scenery, and an enchanted romance all in one movie. And the song fits the movie perfectly , too.
    I agree, it is one that I always enjoy, no matter how many times I have seen it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Terry Page likes this.
  3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry to say that I've never seen this movie, although I have heard of it. After watching the trailer, I desperately want to see it. I've put it on my list of upcoming vacation indulgences.:)

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I do remember the movie, and I enjoyed it. I believe I watched it on VHS the first time. I've actually been meaning to re-watch it, so I'll have to look around and see where it's available. Maybe my local library has it, or I might have to check Amazon On Demand.

5. Sarah Price

Sarah Price Veteran Member
    Registered

I do remember and in fact, I have the soundtrack of the movie. It was filmed on Mackinaw Island in Michigan and I have a photo of myself and my nephew standing at the very tree that was used in the movie. It was so funny, when I used to go to the island the music from the soundtrack automatically started playing in my head! I haven't been there in quite a few years so my head has remained clear of the music. :)

6. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh this is one of my favorite movies. I have seen it several times. The funny thing is I never really thought of it as a Science Fiction film but as a romance movie. But I guess when you stop to think about it this movie is actually both those genres. I love how in the plot the main character goes back in time to find the woman he knows is his one true love. Another thing I find odd is that I didn't see the ending as sad, I actually saw it as them being reunited, not to give too much of the plot away, for those who haven't seen it, but again I guess its the way we perceive something. Christopher Reveves and Jane Seymor were great in this film and had such wonderful chemistry.