Do You Read On Kindle? What Are You Reading Now?

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Lon Tanner, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Ken. It was low all day yesterday until around six-thirty p.m. when it bounced back to 88% but my pulse rate dropped low. Pulse rate beed running between 43 to 53. Now up to 58 which is alright but usually up around 65 0r 70. I'm just watching it every once in a while. When it's lower I feel weak but that may be anxiety. Don't know.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs , please let us know how you are doing ASAP. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m doing okay. Been idle all day. Blood oxygen good; pulse a little low but still okay, @Shirley Martin.

4. Scott Laughlin

Scott Laughlin Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have a version 1 (I think) Kindle reader I bought it from Best By a decade ago and gleaned untold hours of joy from it. A couple of years ago it locked up. Last month when the folks at Kindle want my card # to fix it I put itnit in a drawer and charged it up to education.

However, yesterday I accidently sinc-ed my Samsung tablet to that long lost account and downloaded 482 books I had considered lost forever.

I am a happy camper.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Amazon has new Kindles on sale every so often, sometimes as low as $29, and you would enjoy the newer version even better than your old one, I think. Sometimes, they have them on a payment plan also.
    Since the Kindle app can be used on other devices, laptops/computers/ phones/tablets; you can read your kindle books just about anyway you like nowadays.
    Mostly, I use my Kindle for reading novels, because it is small and lightweight; but if I am reading a book that has diagrams, graphs or pictures, then I read it on my iPad, which is larger.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. I buy books from the Amazon daily Kindle "sale" and have amassed a bunch of mystery story fiction drivel that keeps me occupied. In 2018 I gave my sister an older Kindle Fire 8 that was loaded with my books from the Amazon account, and when I went to visit her last week I downloaded a bunch more for her. She resisted the tablet thing for a long time but she has come over to the dark side... I even downloaded some card games for her to play. :eek:

I'll say here for the astonishment of all... my sister and BIL live on a farm in the boonies and DON'T have internet. :gasp: I am able to use my iPhone as a hotspot to download stuff for her when I'm there.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Obviously, @Beth Gallagher , your sister needs an iPhone ......

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My niece bought her a Galaxy or whatever the android smartphone is. She hates it and has zero interest in the internet, so it's a "phone." :D I managed to pair it with her car for her so that was a baby step in technology.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Scott Laughlin

Scott Laughlin Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ebooks certainly have their place.