Do You Like The New Washing Machines They Make Today?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Denise Richardson, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Our Landlord had to come swap out our old washer (which bit the dust) and brought us one of those newer "sensor" ones. Having helped my daughters with their laundry at times in their washers that are "sensored" I knew what to do with our new machine. One thing I didn't like about these new machines is that if you leave your wet laundry in the machines to long your machine will often develop a "mildew" smell that won't go away. I even saw that they have invented something to "clean" these machines of buildup and odor. What I do with mine though is once my clothes are finished washing and I have put them in the dryer...I then pull out the tray that holds the detergent, etc. and shake it out in the bathroom sink to get as much water out of it as possible...then I put it up on the shelf of the washer and let it air dry all the way. I then leave my washer door open too until the leftover moisture inside as a chance to air dry too. So far this has worked just fine so that "odors" do not build up.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That's true Babs, leaving the door open is a 'must'
    Putting some white vinegar in with your detergent will help keep limescale away too
    No after smell on your clothes from the vinegar use, just clean and fresh :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a Kenmore front loader and dislike it. It takes almost an hour to do a washload and when you open the door the water from the door drips onto the floor.

The spin is so fast that I swear the whole house shakes as if it is in cyclone mode. Never again.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Ours does that sometimes too Missy and I can't figure out why it does it sometimes and not all the time. :) One thing that I do like is how my machine plays a little tune for me when the wash is done.:)

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Missy Lee
    When I was a small kid, my Uncle, who always was on top of the day's newest stuff, bought one of the first, if not the first, close to it, "automatic" washing machines. It was made by Bendix. It had a big glass porthole in front, in the loading door. All I can remember other than that is that the door gasket leaked water when it ran. Frank

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Michael Santi

Michael Santi Veteran Member
    Registered

I bought a Haier washer a year ago ... it's a miniature for dorms or Winnibagos and I love it. Easily washes 2 pair of Levi's, 3 shirts, 3 undershirts and 3 briefs and socks .... but most amazing is the hard to believe spin drying action ... takes about 8 minutes but with the exception of the jeans, I can literally in an emergency wear the sox, dress pants, underwear, and a short sleeved shirt with just the spin dry action alone. I use no dryer because simply putting them on the hangers lets them all get bone dry in about an hour and 3 hours for the jeans.

Frank Sanoica and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds great !