Do You Like Scary Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh yes, The Bad Seed was always a favorite of mine, from childhood...that Rhoda Penmark was an evil one, but I did love those shoes!!

2. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't like scary movies. And here comes October where they will be on all the channels.

I'll stick with watching The Good Witch movies on Hallmark Channel. :)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane
    War of the Worlds, original version, frightened me out of my mind. Saw it with my Dad, suffered recurring nightmares. Of course, the folks did not understand fully how such frighteningly violent (to a kid), content, might influence him.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I prefer a good mystery or a 'lovely' ghost story
    Jumping out of my skin, doesn't appeal now :p
    Never watch anything violent, just sickening

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I love mysteries, and a side helping of romance is nice as well, especially if I don't have to watch simulated sex. It seems these days, many aren't able to use their imaginations, and need to have everything spelled out for them. I have noticed that with regard to house hunting, as well. Every room (on the HGTV shows) has to be staged, and if it's not, the younger house hunters can't imagine what they'd use the room for, and proceed to ask the real estate agent what type of room it is. I always yell at the TV that if they're paying the bills, it's whatever room they want it to be.

I love a good scare @Frank Sanoica. Unfortunately, for the really scary stuff these days, the news shakes me more than most horror films.

Frank Sanoica and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I heard the Conjuring 2 was super scary. I may have to try to catch that one. If you want one that is really scary try the Babadook on Netflix. That is one of the best scary movies I have seen in a long time. We actually get the Chiller channel. I don't watch it that much, but roomie says the best time to watch it is throwback Thursdays when they have scary movies from the past on it. Lookin forward to October...to be honest. I guess I am a scareohphile.