Do You Like Scary Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've always enjoyed scary movies. I like most horror, and particularly thriller types of shows. I watched The Conjuring 2 last night. It was only $3.99 via GooglePlay (SD), and I had accumulated some funds there via Google Opinion Rewards, so I rewarded myself with the movie. I'd seen part 1, but it'd been a while. I enjoy scary movies year round, but especially so as Halloween approaches. Here's the trailer, in case anyone is interested.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I like them if they are scary and don't rely on gore
    My favourite is 'The Changeling' with George C. Scott :)

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, Scary is probably my favorite genre, if they are done well. The problem is that too many so called "scary" movies don't end up being scary at all. That is a bit of a problem when you are expecting to be scared and are not, it seems like a waste of time or money. One of the movies that fits that category as far as I am concerned is Blair Witch Project. There was all kinds of hype about that movie, that it wsa terrifying and all that. I have never been so "unscared" in my life.

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

The hype fooled me too Karen, it was dreadful so switched off never to be seen again

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't scare so easily anymore, and the movie industry doesn't seem to be able to keep up with my callousness. Now, the one thing that scares me most is what I can see or read behind the drivel that passes as news. Movies in the horror genre don't seem to do it.

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I like scary movies. I've never watched the Conjuring though. I remember when the Excorcist came out. Everyone was so scared but I found myself choking on my soda trying not to laugh and blurted it out. Of course no one else thought that it was funny and my friend said "Von!" that meant for me to stop laughing.:oops: There are so many degrees of scary movies. They were much scarier when I was little. I didn't do much laughing then.

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Even on tv, I avoid watching scary movies because I am easily scared. My reason for watching tv is to entertain myself and getting scared is not in my agenda of entertainment. I have been seeing that posts in Facebook about Walking Dead episodes and I had never entertained the idea of even checking what it is because I already know that it's a zombie movie. When I was young, my older siblings would watch horror movies on tv during weekend nights and I sometimes would watch with them. I didn't get scared much because there were many of us watching and besides I felt safe with my siblings. But when I became an adult, watching movies became a serious matter so I had stricken off horror movies in my list.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

one of my favorites. the thing from another world

9. Gary Ridenour

Registered

and that Erie music

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"The Thing".....He played them both! 6 feet 7 inches tall! His brother was also a big guy, and famous: Peter Graves.

[​IMG]

"Gort! Klatu Mirada Nicto! Not James Arness.
    [​IMG]

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I like War of the Worlds, both versions. I don't necessarily get scared with a lot of the so called scary movies these days either, but I did actually jump at one point in The Conjuring 2. I don't recall if I jumped in the original one, because it's been a while. I had nightmares after reading Salem's Lot when I was young, and Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street) also gave me nightmares the first time I watched it.

Frank Sanoica and Gary Ridenour like this.
  12. Gary Ridenour

Registered

they made a real scary movie out of Salem's lot. if these are the same. also the silver bullet was good to watch. with someone

Diane Lane likes this.
  13. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

I like the who done it type of scary. Like "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" "The Bad Seed" "Rear Window." All of the "Bourne collection." :)

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I try to live without them.

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yes - Charlotte was a good movie - 2 very good actresses in it, Bette and Olivia :)