Do You Like Dreaming?

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you like to have dreams during your sleep and remember them after you wake up, or do you prefer to not remember them?
    Personally, I don't like remembering my dreams because often they aren't good experiences.

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

It think it would depend on the type of dream. If its a pleasent type of dream I don't mind remembering it. As for bad dreams there are times when I do remember them and wish I wouldn't. Then there are the types of dreams where I can't remember but wish I could. Sometimes I feell like the dream was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't remember the details of it. So, I have some mix reactions on this sometimes I don't mind remember, sometimes I do, and sometimes I wish I can remember.

3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I usually don't have vivid dreams. They tend to be just kind of blah, and I don't have any daytime feelings about them at all. However, for the last two nights , I've had some really bizarre nightmares, both about the Anti-Christ, and my efforts to escape him. They have been so realistic and horrifying, that when I woke up, I was shocked to find that I had been dreaming! I hate dreams like that!

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I feel cheated if I don't remember having dreamed at night.

5. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm convinced that dreaming is connected with resting time. Sometimes you head off to sleep and wake up next day feeling as tired or more than you went to sleep first, despite having slept eight or more hours.

However, there are times when you have an hour nap with some dreams coming in, feeling great at wake up time.

Personally I like dreaming, but since I moved here I rarely remember what I was dreaming on, but I'm certain of having some dreams through the night. However, and once again, there are nights when I can't recall to have dreamed anything, which are mostly those days when I wake up feeling tired.

Not feeling the sensation of having dreams makes me regret of having gone to bed the previous night.

Avigail David likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Most often the dreams I have are of being somewhere, in a strange city, or a unfamiliar neighborhood and don't know how to get home. I remember these.

Linda Binning likes this.
  7. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Some of my dreams I remember but most of them I do not remember when the dreams are very vivid I do attempt to write down what I think the dream was about.

8. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes I do have enjoyable dreams that are worth remembering. Usually in those dreams I am achieving something. Many of my dreams feature one or both of my parents, as they were when they were alive and I was young. Usually these dreams leave me with a good feeling.

Unfortunately I also have annoying anxiety dreams which I would rather forget but they tend to stick in my mind. They are the repetitive dreams that I hate because they are is always related in some way to work that I can't get done.

9. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

My dreams seem to be a mixture of the mundane and slightly bizarre. I often seem to end up in locations that are a combination of different places. Perhaps this is a legacy of having lived in a few different places and having travelled quite a lot.

My weirdest dreams, by a country mile, were chemically-induced - legally, I might add. I had to take anti-malarial tablets for two years and would have the most surreal dreams you could imagine. In fact, you almost certainly couldn't.

10. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't really know whether I like dreaming or not. It's something that I just do without me wanting to do it, but I guess that it's nice. It's nice to know that my brain does something while I'm not awake, even though I won't remember it when I'll wake up. I think that there are methods of lucid dreaming, which lets you remember them. I really have to try one of those sometime.

11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

The dreams that I recall are usually snippets that don't last very long. I often have wonderful ideas for products and other money making opportunities, then they're gone as soon as my brain starts waking up.

This morning, I had a wonderful flash of looking out my back window/balcony and seeing a gorgeous ocean, but I'm not sure where it was, or what it related to, since I'm about 5 blocks from the beach here, and it doesn't really resemble the beach in my dream.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Most of the time, in my dreams, I am struggling to get somewhere, or to get something done. Often, I dream of trying desperately to get my kids (who are still kids in these dreams) to a safe place at the top of a steep and muddy hill. We are in a pouring down rain, and the river below is rising almost as fast as we can climb that hill.
    At the top is some kind of an empty house where we can go in and be safe and dry; but the water is always swirling around just below us and I am never certain if we will be safe there or not.

Sometimes, I have good dreams, and happy times, maybe out riding my horse, or doing something with my kids, and I am always so happy when I have one of those kinds of dreams.
    Even though they do not happen a lot, I still look forward to going to sleep at night, in the hopes of one of the happy dreams.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  13. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to dream. It's kinda like watching a movie while you sleep.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  14. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The best sleep for me is one with no dream. When I am very tired, I usually have dreams and sometimes nightmares too. There are times that I feel so comfortable at bedtime and even get to sleep while watching television (we have a tv in the bedroom which others say is unhealthy). The so called dreamless sleep is like waking up with nothing negative, no pain in the body, no worries. One thing I noticed with having nightmares is when I would sleep with that feeling of hunger particularly when I sleep near midnight when our dinner was 8 pm, I may be really hungry already.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I like dreaming if it's a nice dream. Once I dreamt that I was alone in what looked like an almost dessert like area with just the little house I was sitting in front of in a rocking chair. Looking out into the horizon there was no one in sight at all. Just the Sun setting with not even an insect around. It was very quiet and still. No car either so I wondered how I got to the place where I was in the dream. Dreams are nice to have I feel and I don't mind having dreams. The only dreams I don't like is when someone is chasing me. I wake up to chasing dreams drained! :confused: